Saving space on my disk by deleting unused audio

jade

Question

Hello,

I have a 3TB hard disk which is almost full of bandlab cakewalk projects, mainly audio, and I believe that there is a way to delete files that are not used anymore.

Is there a reliable, bug free and trusted way of doing this? 

I am looking for detailed instructions because I have not done this before and do not want to mess up.

Also importantly I sometimes have more than one copied cakewalk project in the same folder and using the same audio also.

Perhaps the solution is to load each project up and save it elsewhere as a bundle and then delete the old folders?

Thanks,

Edited by jade

5 answers to this question

Don’t save it as a bundle. Just use save as CWP / Normal and put it on a different drive. 
For what it’s worth. if you have made that big a mess on that drive it will be a lot of work to fix it. if it was me I would buy a new drive and simply use save as to copy the projects I am actually needing to a fresh location and keep old drive as a backup. Less work.  

Edit : Talking to the wind again.  

Edited by Cactus Music

Do you use "clean audio folder" in your projects ?  The folders can fill up quite quickly (with unused audio) if you use "undo" as much as I do while tracking , or deleting sections during a mixdown. My audio track counts are  normally pretty low , but I've seen my audio folders be up to several gigs.          mark

Thanks all, I will try saving in a new location and delete the contents of the old. 
However, I have around 200 projects so it will take more time than I have, which is why I reached out.

It is complicated by the fact that I have sometimes saved more than one version of the same project.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a separate application which cleans the drive over night. I would want to see that it is completely and totally bug free first though!

Edited by jade