Pluginalliance has added RX10 and Ozone 10 to their store (and rant)

Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann

Plugin Alliance has added Rx10 and Ozone 10 to the store https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

Ozone 10 adv $299 (when not on sale, $499)

Ozone 10 std $199 (when not on sale, $249)

Ozone 10 elements not available

RX 10 adv $799 (when not on sale, $1199)

RX 10 std $299 (when not on sale, $399)

RX 10 elem $99 (when not on sale, $199)

<end of deal part, start of the rant part>

I tried using a Forever 29 coupon and it didn't work, the error message is: 

The voucher "<code removed for posting>" requires a specific quantity of products in your cart.
Please check the voucher requirements.

From the conditions for Forever 29 in the PA website:

What can I spend my $1 Forever 29 voucher on?

The $1 voucher is valid for any purchasable plugin on our website, except for PA_EXT sales & Gig Performer. 

Please note that Gig Performer is not a plugin.

For RX 10 maybe the "is not a plugin" logic applies but, now that izotope has removed standalone mode from Ozone 10 it shouldn't be applicable

Before the addition of Rx and Ozone, the most expensive plugin was bx_console AMEK 9099 for $449, currently more expensive than O10 (or just $50 more if you look at the price when not on sale) so it wouldn't be that unreasonable to expect the voucher to work (other than because the $499 price tag for the AMEK 9099 feels more inflated than the Ozone prices). Besides "because it would be too good a deal", what reasoning would you expect for the exclusion?

I think those vouchers are only valid for PA's plugins; iZotope/NI might be excluded. That text was probably written before the companies integrated their respective storefronts.

I could be wrong on that though - I'm not signed up, so didn't read the T&Cs in too much detail.

3 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Plugin Alliance has added Rx10 and Ozone 10 to the store https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

Ozone 10 adv $299 (when not on sale, $499)

Ozone 10 std $199 (when not on sale, $249)

Ozone 10 elements not available

RX 10 adv $799 (when not on sale, $1199)

RX 10 std $299 (when not on sale, $399)

RX 10 elem $99 (when not on sale, $199)

<end of deal part, start of the rant part>

I tried using a Forever 29 coupon and it didn't work, the error message is: 

From the conditions for Forever 29 in the PA website:

For RX 10 maybe the "is not a plugin" logic applies but, now that izotope has removed standalone mode from Ozone 10 it shouldn't be applicable

Before the addition of Rx and Ozone, the most expensive plugin was bx_console AMEK 9099 for $449, currently more expensive than O10 (or just $50 more if you look at the price when not on sale) so it wouldn't be that unreasonable to expect the voucher to work (other than because the $499 price tag for the AMEK 9099 feels more inflated than the Ozone prices). Besides "because it would be too good a deal", what reasoning would you expect for the exclusion?

Really expected this would happen (though I agree a rant is in order).  Thanks for confirming I didn't miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime with the Forever 29.

8 hours ago, Technostica said:

Does it count as an External sale?

No, PA_EXT are sales with a limited time that don't become part of the permanent catalog.

7 hours ago, antler said:

I think those vouchers are only valid for PA's plugins; iZotope/NI might be excluded. That text was probably written before the companies integrated their respective storefronts

Forever 29 was actually released 2 days after they announced the Soundwide partnership and the first bundle of PA/NI/Izotope products.

I was playing around with different products in my shopping cart, and the voucher works for some iZotope plugins but not others (e.g, it works for RX9 Elements but not for RX10 Elements)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, simon said:

did you try emailing support - they might be able to assist ?

Don’t hope for too much.. From my recent experience, PA customer service is the worst I have experienced in the whole industry… Surprisingly, Izotope is now part of the same company and still have stellar customer service after I contacted them last week. Strange to have such a big difference inside what is now the same company…

7 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Forever 29 was actually released 2 days after they announced the Soundwide partnership and the first bundle of PA/NI/Izotope products.

Forever29 was released way before that. I think you are referring to the 'final' offer to sign up for Forever29 before it was no longer availble (but all current subscriptions were to be honored).

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Don’t hope for too much.. From my recent experience, PA customer service is the worst I have experienced in the whole industry… Surprisingly, Izotope is now part of the same company and still have stellar customer service after I contacted them last week. Strange to have such a big difference inside what is now the same company…

Unless they have actually merged the workplaces, they are still run as separate entities, so the customer service of one has no bearing  on that of another.

Sorry to say that folks but External is what they say is External. I got NeoVerb with my $1 F29 code last month.

Having said that I also tried to get RX10 advanced for $1. Of course I didn't expect this to succeed but... anyway.

It is what it is 😐

PA_EXT is described here https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news/article/items/pa-ext.html

I don't see any iZotope products there and the exclusion is specifically PA_EXT (not "External"). FWIW, the F29 vouchers DO work with previously added iZotope products (e.g., RX9 Elements), so it may be a matter of waiting (or contacting support, as suggested)

@Bapu no, I'm not talking about the more recent final offer. From what I can tell (based on emails) Soundwide was announced on 4/12/2022 and Forever 29 on 4/14/2022

Hello,

I have the Forever29 sub and I got a reply from Plugin Alliance.

Here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting support.

Unfortunately, the RX 10 and Ozone 10 products are not redeemable with the Forever 29 $1 voucher.

We apologize for the confusion. These are new products that were released after our update to the Forever 29 promotion.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Best,

Jonathan

Plugin Alliance

When did they say that there was an update?When did they say that new plugins are not valid when using Forever29 vouchers?

I just checked my inbox and did not find any updates to Forever29.

Did not find any at PA:s support page also.

4 hours ago, Pesukarhu said:

Hello,

I have the Forever29 sub and I got a reply from Plugin Alliance.

Here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting support.

Unfortunately, the RX 10 and Ozone 10 products are not redeemable with the Forever 29 $1 voucher.

We apologize for the confusion. These are new products that were released after our update to the Forever 29 promotion.

Thank you for your understanding and support!

Best,

Jonathan

Plugin Alliance

When did they say that there was an update?When did they say that new plugins are not valid when using Forever29 vouchers?

I just checked my inbox and did not find any updates to Forever29.

Did not find any at PA:s support page also.

It’s obvious that these products should not be available to 29$ to anyone for now…

On 9/20/2022 at 11:52 AM, Yan Filiatrault said:

It’s obvious that these products should not be available to 29$ to anyone for now…

While I expected them to do this and didn't sign up for forever 29 as I anticipated that.   The original terms of the plan was 100% under the concept that upon new release you could get new plugins at the discount that was the point.  Not waiting for sales way down the road.  New plugin gets released, if you are on the sub you have the option to get it.  That was infact the incentive. 

I didn't expect they would do it for the expensive NI and iZotope stuff but there is a strong argument to be made here.