Waves TrueVerb FREE! ($99 USD Reg. Price)

PavlovsCat

Get Waves Audio TrueVerb for FREE (expires in 48 hours). $99 USD Reg. Price.  Okay, who are we kidding,  nobody pays regular price for anything from Waves. It's usually $29 USD, perpetually on sale. So, it's still a savings of 29 bucks (USD). 

https://www.waves.com/account/free-trueverb-dixon-beats

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 10

2 hours ago, Peter Woods said:

But you can get it again -- I did -- and have the latest version with no WUP fee. 

I went from 11 to 14 for TrueVerb using this freebie.

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Had to check if I already had this one.

Check yeah! :)

With Waves freebies, you must not only check if you have it but if you have the latest version.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

8 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

The Waves "regular retail price" are basically embarrassing at this point.

I would feel terrible for anyone who isn't wealthy who pays full retail for any Waves plugin.  I wonder, what this goes for if I paid the WUP fee. While I own maybe a few dozen Waves plugins, I can't recall what the WUP fees are.  Can anyone here share what the WUP fee for this plugin would be if you had it and it was beyond the WUP plan?  I  actually don't even recall if I've ever paid the WUP fee and I have Wave plugins that are more than a decade old. Fortunately, while a lot of my Waves plugins are beyond the one year period, they all run fine. 

41 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Too bad their crap licensing overshadows the quality of their plugins.

I'd agree with that. They do actually make a handful of very good plugins. They just don't care to listen to what customers are telling them and persist with their crap licensing and ideas.

• Like 2

Back when I was starting out, I remember really wanting to own some Waves plugins one day - maybe a bundle even.

Things moved on, and I ended up buying plugins from other developers. Might the Waves ones be better, or let me make better music than with the plugins I have today? Don't know, maybe; maybe not.

I'm fairly certain of two things though:

• My overall sound isn't too bad
  • I'm glad I don't have to deal with their licencing/WUP
  • Like 1

I understand why Waves' does their Waves Update Plan (WUP), it's their attempt to generate recurring revenue, as many developers do using a subscription model. But unlike a subscription model,  the WUP is unclear to the consumer prior to purchase and an unusual practice in its industry. I find it's too close to the border of deceptive practices. Consequently, I try to limit my Waves' purchases and if there's a high quality competitor with pricing that's not dramatically different, I'm more prone to buy from that company. I always  take an extended pause before purchasing from Waves to make sure  that I have thoroughly checked their competitors' offerings.  Fortunately, I don't recall having any of my Waves plugins stop working, so I don't think I've paid for WUP -- or if I did, it was a long time ago. But I think the only Waves plugins I have that I find would be worth paying more to keep working are my Abbey Road plugins, especially the ADT plugin. It has a character I like better than every other ADT plugin I've tried. 

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Woods said:

But I think the only Waves plugins I have that I find would be worth paying more to keep working are my Abbey Road plugins, especially the ADT plugin. It has a character I like better than every other ADT plugin I've tried. 

I have the Abbey Road Collection. That is a very cool and unique set of plugins. Worth keeping up with, and I WUP'd them once to get the upgrade to the Waves v12 with the new preset browser and the scalable interface. That is the thing with WUP, you don't have to do it every year, only if it's an upgrade that you want or need.

Also have the Scheps Omni Channel, and that's another very cool and useful plugin that is a keeper. It's light on my system and it can make almost any track I put it on instantly sound better!

I'd take or leave the H-Series collection, but got it for a good price. Same with the Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection. My favorites are the synths Element, Codex, and Flow Motion. The rest are mostly sampled keyboards, that I have duplicates of elsewhere. If I could only keep one of them it would be Element. :)

Never bought into any of the other flagship Waves FX bundles. Now that I have collected other brands of FX I don't feel that anything was missed. Having a dozen compressors or EQs does not help me out much. If anything, I really need to delete much of what I've got, LOL!

Some of the other miscellaneous Waves plugins here were either outright freebies, or buy & get free deals.  Not go-to by any means, but some are fun special FX. For example: Brauer Motion, Kaleidoscopes, Ovox, LoFi Space, Berzerk Distortion, CLA Echosphere, Manny Marroquin Tone Shaper, etc.

Oh yeah, an honorable mention for the Waves One Knob series. I've collected 5 of them as freebies! Sometimes you just want one knob. Preferably one that goes to 11. 🤣

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2