Soundgrid ASIO in available audio devices ?

Multi-Sonik

Hello group.

I'm having issues running CWBBL with my Waves Soundgrid Studio. I recently did updates (softwares, device's firmwares) in order to do some cleanup and use mainly Waves V13 .

But now, CWBBL (and my other DAWs) are not detecting the SoundGrid ASIO DRIVER. It is not showing up in the available audio devices' list in Preferences. Beforehand I could see both ASIO DRIVERS from Waves Soundgrid (and my Tascam us2020 that is integrated with my Soundgrid system). Not the case anymore as you can see below:

SG_Bandlab_Missing.thumb.png.97f135feca9f82a22dca16f7d4d57e1a.png

When selecting the Tascam's audio interface it is not working. (Playback starts but no sound can be heard, no VU meters are active and I cannot stop the playback... I have to kill CWBBL via Windows' Task Manager). This behavior was always the case on my system, But I just thought that since Waves SG ASIO driver disappeared I should just switch to the Tascam's asio driver. Did not work, as I said. 

Fun fact: when searching in Waves Manual for something I might have overlooked, I came on a section that was saying that in order to properly use STUDIO RACK for low latency monitoring when recording with a DAW, the DAW should use the audio interface's driver... Now I am floored as I think it never really worked like that over here... I think! Lol.

So, How are you guys configured regarding your selected ASIO DRIVERS in CWBBL when used within a Soundgrid system? My Soundgrid setup seems to detect all my components correctly, but somehow the Soundgrid ASIO driver that, I think, used to be available to the Daws is just not there anymore...

Posting some other captures... for context... not sure if really relevant though... Lol. Posting this I guess because I'm wondering if my setup / patch is somehow generating a clock-related issue that could make the SG asio driver "disappear" ... but I think it is very unlikely...

SG_SetupConfig.thumb.png.b7a4c5746dfecc2afb345c2386c4b686.png

I'm monitoring thru the US-2020 computer out 1-2 (connected to my speakers).

SG_US2020_Monitor.thumb.png.8c30da619f2b7ed0217e4822f41b7f47.png

Not often I’ve heard of someone else using Waves Soundgrid with Cakewalk. I’ve been using it for about 8 years or so. 
Make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waves Central installed and do a repair installation of your Soundgrid Drivers. I’ve just gone a full WUP and upgraded to V14 for plugins and the drivers are 1 generation behind at V13. 
Make sure that Cakewalk’s not set to look for WASAPI drivers. With ASIO selected close Cakewalk do a PC reboot and open it again. Hope that helps. 
I run a Soundgrid server IOS and a IOX connected via my network so have no experience using non-Soundgrid hardware. Hope you get it sorted. 
Whenever I’ve had issues with drivers I’ve always gone back to basics and followed the manual which I’ve linked below. 
sg-driver-user-guide.pdf

Edited by Michael Vogel (MUDGEL)
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Michael Vogel (MUDGEL) said:

Not often I’ve heard of someone else using Waves Soundgrid with Cakewalk. I’ve been using it for about 8 years or so. 
Make sure you’ve got the latest version of Waves Central installed and do a repair installation of your Soundgrid Drivers. I’ve just gone a full WUP and upgraded to V14 for plugins and the drivers are 1 generation behind at V13. 
Make sure that Cakewalk’s not set to look for WASAPI drivers. With ASIO selected close Cakewalk do a PC reboot and open it again. Hope that helps. 
I run a Soundgrid server IOS and a IOX connected via my network so have no experience using non-Soundgrid hardware. Hope you get it sorted. 
Whenever I’ve had issues with drivers I’ve always gone back to basics and followed the manual which I’ve linked below. 
sg-driver-user-guide.pdf

Thanks for your help! I did check out the  items you listed and I also went back to basics a couple of days ago and completely uninstalled all of my WAVES components and reinstalled them all again.

Something somehow must have went wrong when I first tried to "update"... Once again the "from scratch" approach  saved the day. All good now.

Regards.

Glad you got it going. I make changes so infrequently that I always have to follow the basic guide for setup as even after 8 years or so my brain still has trouble keeping the complicated setup clear. Only after major updates do I then have to "go back to basics" with the driver manual. These days I use it all so infrequently that it takes a while to once again familiarize myself with all nuances of the various screens in the driver and eMotion mixer where settings have to be made.

Cheers.  

• Thanks 1