Angry song

DaveT2

A few months ago I ran my left hand into the table saw. Luckily, I didn't lose any fingers, but I have limited use of 3 of them. As a result, I can't play guitar yet (not that I was that great to start with) so I took my frustrations out on my keyboard and created this diddy. You will feel the anger, and it will not suit most people's taste, but the anger shows. I am not a keyboard player, I just poke at it.

• Like 1

Dave , pretty Cool ! I believe pasting the bass track under the solo piano section would help it a good bit. There are also a few piano notes that could use some timing editing in that section .. I hope you recover fully .  It will probably take longer than you want , but it'll happen.  Ironically I did the same thing with a "hand saw".  I knew it was happening but couldn't stop in time.  I know a "killer" guitarist that cut his index , ring and pinky finger "off" at the first knuckle on his fretting hand. He can hold his hand straight up and give you the finger (and he does it often).   He's still a Fantastic lead player in his band and also does solo acoustic gigs.  He Never gave up or let it get him down.         I Enjoyed the track ..         mark

Hope your fingers are getting better I enjoyed your track & can relate to your accident as I managed to nick the tips of my fretting hand fingers with a chainsaw a few months ago & was down to using two fingers for a while. Very scary & not the first time as I am/was a horticulturist & did a huge amount of topiary hedging at very rich & famous peoples properties. Late one afternoon I was tired & clipped my fingers with the petrol hedger blood pouring out of fingers I yelled out to the house owner if he had a clean rag to stem the bleeding, he ran out with a brand new Gucci T shirt to wrap hand in then pulls his  Mercedes AMG GT  out of garage & says jump in I will take to doctors! The seats were white leather, I'm covered in sweat blood & grunge he says stuff the seats jump in🤣 I was lucky again just some stitches in fingers, not chopped off like my hero Tony Iommi.  Hope you are healing ok...

Sorry to hear about the Saw and your fingers, it may be little consolation but Django Reinhardt  only had two fingers and his thumb after an accident.

Plenty of commercial music out there made by people poking keys.

Sounds OK here perhaps a little longer.  As noted by @mark skinner some bass and some timing adjustments in the piano solo woudl not go amiss

Thanks for your responses and concerns about my hand. I am anticipating some more surgery to try to gain some use of 3 of my fingers. If all else fails, I will need to buy a drum set. I played drums long before guitar.  I do agree, the piano part is a bit off, but honestly it was about the best I could do. I was never good at keyboards. I had not thought about extending the bass, but now the hand is a bit better, I may revisit the song and try to smooth out some parts of it. Actually I didn't realize how intense it was while recording. Only that I was frustrated. Thanks for listening.

• Like 1