Mourning Lilly

DaveT2

This is my first post of one of my songs here. I created this after the death of my dog Lilly last month.

I have several other songs, all that were either created or remixed using Cakewalk and Sonar.

Edited by DaveT2
  • Like 3

Welcome to the forum Dave.
A fitting tribute to your friend.
I've said on this forum before, the worst thing a good dog does is get old...

One little crit/suggestion: Some of the instrumentation with slow attack might best be nudged a bit forward on the timeline.

Kangaroo Muse is a little more in my wheelhouse, dig the SG Jr. (double cut LP Jr's are a personal favorite of mine).

so overall, a 👍's and 👏from me.

t

DeeringAmps, thanks for the comments. I will look at nudging the slow attack a bit.  That guitar is my 1963 Gibson LP Jr. (sg body but Les Paul name). It has been a great guitar.  I recorded Kangaroo Muse a long time ago actually on different software and used the soundcard drum synth so it is very dated.  Thanks again for listening, i appreciate the input.

Hi Dave - this is OK but a bit slow for me.

When I am writing, if I have a track I am not sure about tempo or Key wise, I use Decoda - https://products.zplane.de/products/decoda/

This is a fabulous program and is really helpful - it has other uses as well, like for practice, but I use it as a writing tool.

And it can normally be purchased for around the $30 mark, so very good value.

Nigel

My sympathy for the loss of your beautiful friend. 😢 Anybody who writes a song for their beloved puppy deserves to be heard.  It's my opinion that dogs help make life tolerable.

Very simplistic melody which helps to make it memorable.   

What breed of dog was Lilly?

🙂John B

Edited by Johnbee58

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum.  This is indeed a nice tribute to your friend.  I have lost 2 dogs who were indeed excellent friends.  I would love to have another dog but I'm not sure that I could handle a 3rd loss.  I am going to disagree with a couple of the comments above.  This is indeed a dirge like song.  If the tempo were increased too much, then it might lose that mournful quality.  However, given my limitations and limited musical knowledge ----  well, maybe you might be better off in choosing to take their suggestions.