UVI World Suite 2 40% Off

Scott H

I like this library a lot and it is a fun way to get introduced to a large amount of world instruments.

Sill I would give the edge to Ethno World 6 for an expansive world library.  It's divided into Instruments and Voices, but you can get the instruments for $259.  During  the Best Service 40% off sale it will be $155.   So it's less expensive than World Suite 2, and better.

But...  I do like World Suite 2. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I'm sorely tempted, as I love using traditional instruments of various kinds in all sorts of ways, but I'm not sure either World Suite 2 (with a fair bit of older data) or Ethno World 6 (which I hear the BS Engine does no favors) will nudge me away from hoarding instruments I can use all in Kontakt.

If the difference in sale price Reid mentioned is a factor for anyone, though, there's a $20 off code active at UVI until the 30th: ANANAS. I checked, against my wallet's better judgement, and it indeed lowers the WS2 sale price in cart to $159. 

Hrmmmmmm.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zolton said:

I'm sorely tempted, as I love using traditional instruments of various kinds in all sorts of ways, but I'm not sure either World Suite 2 (with a fair bit of older data) or Ethno World 6 (which I hear the BS Engine does no favors) will nudge me away from hoarding instruments I can use all in Kontakt.

Ethno World 6 uses Kontakt Player.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2022 at 2:30 AM, Reid Rosefelt said:

I like this library a lot and it is a fun way to get introduced to a large amount of world instruments.

Sill I would give the edge to Ethno World 6 for an expansive world library.  It's divided into Instruments and Voices, but you can get the instruments for $259.  During  the Best Service 40% off sale it will be $155.   So it's less expensive than World Suite 2, and better.

But...  I do like World Suite 2. 

Really sorry to necro this thread, but I specifically remember this comment from researching EW6 when I was quite disappointed by the quality of World Suite 2.

A couple of days ago, I had the opportunity to buy EW6 for $78, which is about 50% off of the usual 50% off and sounded like too good a deal to pass up at the time.

Well... I'm afraid I have to FURIOUSLY disagree with you and anyone else being even remotely in favour of EW6 over WS2. I have made some bad purchases in my life and been surprised by unexpectedly bad quality before, but this one truly takes the cake.

Amongst all the fluff in World Suite 2, there's actually a few (like, 2 dozens) quite deep sampled and usable instruments. Ethno World 6 features, as far as I can tell, and I had auditioned like 80% of the melodic instruments in disbelief before LIVIDLY deleting it from my hard drive, NOT A SINGLE INSTRUMENT with any kind of noticable round robins or velocity layers. You can't get an even remotely usable sound out of it, not even for the quietest of background parts.

Now, obviously I didn't expect much from a 15 GB library featuring 264 (!) instruments, but I didn't expect it to be THIS bad. There's actually some instruments in WS2 that are better than small dedicated libraries I have paid like $15 to $30 for, while absolutely everything in EW6 has the quality of a single-sample-per-note rompler from 1998. The two shouldn't even be anywhere near the same conversation, and I hope someone researching this on Google or something stumbles upon this comment and can avoid buying this atrocity of a library.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2