Delete Our Own Forum Posts and Dark Mode Requests

Matthew White

Is there a way to delete our own posts in the forum? If not, can we please have a way to do so? I know we can edit our post title to show the content is deleted but I think being able to delete an entire post would be much better so as to free up the forum of invalid posts just saying 'Deleted' if we'd rather delete the post entirely. Also, a dark mode setting would be great!

Edited by Matthew White
Added Dark Mode Request

Yeah, currently there's no way to delete a post. You'll see ones where people will just put a dot in the subject and post area, but all of the other replies are untouched, as are any quotes of the original post too. One one hand it's good because it stops people from dropping stuff against the TOS and then deleting it before they get caught by a mod, but it would be nice to be able to delete a double post or a post you've realised you've put in the wrong forum area too.

On the forum for my band, users can delete stuff but it's still visible as a hidden thread to admins/mods so that might be an option for this board software?

Re: themes, it does look like it's doable for this software as per THIS page: https://invisioncommunity.com/features/personalized-experiences/   I'd certainly appreciate a dark mode. :) 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lord Tim said:

Another solution for dark mode, if you use Chrome or Edge is this: 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-dark-mode/nlgphodeccebbcnkgmokeegopgpnjfkc/

It's sort of hacky but it works. 

I had added the 'Super Dark Mode' extension in the last couple of days as it happens but removed it today as I noticed Chrome was showing some processor use in task manager all the time when this extension was switched on and never dropped to 0% as it does most of the time usually when there's no activity in Chrome so was worried this extension was doing something iffy. Probably just me being paranoid though lol.

It does something weird with bolded words on some sites too, which makes it annoying if you're on, say, a forum that shows unread topics in bold. I ended up uninstalling it as well because it was just too unpredictable.

There was one extension I used ages ago that was discontinued that let you load in your own CSS for sites. Absolutely the most granular way to get everything exactly as you like but man, if you thought theming in CbB was hard work.... 🤨

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RobertWS said:

I would be PO'd if my intelligent and insightful and often humorous replies got deleted

I can understand that some might, but say if something changed causing the post and replies to become completely irrelevant, I think it would make sense to delete the post to free up the forum of that irrelevant and possibly confusing information for both current and future users rather than leaving it there, I for one have definitely searched the web and forums for an answer and been left confused and/or frustrated by finding a bunch of information that is outdated and no longer applicable.

• Matthew White changed the title to Delete Our Own Forum Posts and Dark Mode Requests