WASAPI, MME and other drivers gone

An Vu

Question

Hi all, I'm new to Cakewalk and music production in general.

I've been using Cakewalk to get my MIDI keyboard sound into OBS. I installed ASIO4ALL for the reduced latency, but then I was having issues with that (audio wouldn't play in other applications, USB mic was gone from Cakewalk) so I uninstalled ASIO4ALL hoping that I could just go back to using WASAPI. However, once I restarted my computer and booted up Cakewalk again, there are no drivers available to select. My USB mic is also still gone, so that sucks lol. Do I have to reinstall drivers? Not really sure where to go now. I appreciate any help! :)

7 answers to this question

On 9/14/2022 at 6:56 AM, Cactus Music said:

I actually just released a new video on this topic last night.

And I'm happy to see that your state of being "done" with making Cakewalk tutorials was brief!

As far as human impulses go, the one to share what we know with others just because it feels good to help people is one of my favorites.

I subscribe to the notion of this being evolutionary (in whatever sense of that word): as human societies developed, the people who had useful information that could help the tribe were valued and given resources, thus ensuring their survival. Translate that to whatever spirituality one may follow.

Compared to other impulses, like the one to clonk someone on the head and take their stuff, it's pretty cool. We just do it because we like the idea that it will ease others' struggling to do something we love doing ourselves. Rather than selfishly hoarding the information.

• Like 2

I taught guitar, bass and even keyboard and drums for about 20 years 

Im often asked to resume teaching guitar lessons but I don’t like to be tied to any schedule like that these days . So marking the videos is a great teaching outlet and it’s on my own schedule. 

Edited by JohnnyV
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 9:56 AM, JohnnyV said:

I actually just released a new video on this topic last night.  But on the page linked above you should watch # 1. 

Video unavailable   This video is unavailable

Not sure if the video has been redone, moved, or removed. 

Edited by User 905133

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Not sure if the video has been redone, moved, or removed. 

Ya I deleted all my videos last winter. It sucks  that You Tube has no way to update videos so links won’t die. But I probably won’t be redo that particular video because I’m not even sure what it was about?
I’ve redone some of them but put that aside for now.  I’m waiting for the new versions before I waist too much time on the old one. 
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7YqVth30eGsURWrKGeu-fFyg3ETjF-Ox&si=3cyicYjqpob4CPV2

Edited by JohnnyV
  • Thanks 1