Sampletank 4.0.8 (Update 30th Sept 2019) (Not a Deal)

ZincT

I have been able to reproduce the clicking issue even in an exported wav file. 

I have lodged a ticket with IKM.  I included two actual wav renders.  One from Sampletank 4.05 and Sampletank 4.06.  You can clearly hear the difference.

I imported the two exported wave files back into Cakewalk (one in each track) and zoomed in to a spot where the click occurs.  You can clearly see the difference.

Hopefully IKM Support can sort this.  I have reverted to Sampletank 4.05 until this is resolved.  I have added the image (Hopefully you can see what I mean)

Sampletank 4.06 Clicking issue.jpg

11 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

These clicks may just be the guitars/strumming since the release notes list a bunch of changes there. 

These clicks also occur on American Acoustics: Fingerstyle Strumming 1. These samples would not have been updated with this update to 4.06.  Therefore it appears that the Sampletank player itself is introducing the spikes in the updated version.

14 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Yes, it is the player not the library changes since the new 4.06 build does the clicks even with no library update (see my screenshots).  But it still may only effect guitar-type instruments, instead of (even worse) every instrument.

They did say they fixed the loading times for guitars so maybe that’s why it’s limited to guitars?

On 8/2/2019 at 10:06 AM, Joakim said:

They did say they fixed the loading times for guitars so maybe that’s why it’s limited to guitars?

It actually happens on more than the guitars.  It even happens on some native ST4 instruments....

On the plus side, I got an email from IKM support to say the development team have verified and fixed this clicking issue (as well as the Steel Drum instrument issue) internally.  An forthcoming update will be released soon to address these issues (Not sure of ETA).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Promidi said:

It actually happens on more than the guitars.  It even happens on some native ST4 instruments....

On the plus side, I got an email from IKM support to say the development team have verified and fixed this clicking issue (as well as the Steel Drum instrument issue) internally.  An forthcoming update will be released soon to address these issues (Not sure of ETA).

I've rolled back to 4.04 but it doesn't surprise me the clicks are happening on many instruments, since it's an engine issue.  Hopefully they will get these fixes out quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good, passed all my initial tests.  👍

I was kind of surprised I can't download the sound updates anymore though.  If I had missed that "window" I'd be shafted about getting the new guitar/etc.  Used to be the updates would be available for longer (always available?) and just the core would time out and require paying to re-download.

• Thanks 1

4.07 Release Notes

Fixed an issue that caused audio clicks when triggering note on

Fixed an issue with the Steel Drums Studio instrument

Fixed an issue with very short MIDI notes not triggering sound

Fixed an issue with the Flanger effect wet/dry control

Improved graphics compatibility with FL Studio

Optimized CPU usage when loading certain instruments in AAX

Optimized resampling algorithm DSP

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I was kind of surprised I can't download the sound updates anymore though.  If I had missed that "window" I'd be shafted about getting the new guitar/etc.  Used to be the updates would be available for longer (always available?) and just the core would time out and require paying to re-download.

Exactly, the sound updates should remain available. Where’s UIKG when you need him?

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Exactly, the sound updates should remain available. Where’s UIKG when you need him?

If you guys need to get to your content after a content update or new included instruments are released, please contact support. They can look into each case and how they can help directly.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

3 hours ago, Ryan IK Multimedia said:

If you guys need to get to your content after a content update or new included instruments are released, please contact support. They can look into each case and how they can help directly.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Previous releases (for example Sampletank 3) the updates and sound add ons were added to the Resources download section rather than the sounds download section, so they would be available to everyone.

1SscmL.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Previous releases (for example Sampletank 3) the updates and sound add ons were added to the Resources download section rather than the sounds download section, so they would be available to everyone.

1SscmL.jpg

Thanks for your interest here, I've passed along your comment/feedback to the team to see what could be done.

• Thanks 1

So does it actually work now?

I'm still on version 4.0.4, and I've experienced some bugs such as multi-timbral occasionally not working (sounds get cut off randomly) and sometimes after loading a project it seems as if there's a sampling mismatch and ST4 sounds too high-pitched.

Contemplating whether I should update... The one thing I dislike more than bugs is more bugs.

Edited by sarine

13 minutes ago, sarine said:

So does it actually work now?

I'm still on version 4.0.4, and I've experienced some bugs such as multi-timbral occasionally not working (sounds get cut off randomly) and sometimes after loading a project it seems as if there's a sampling mismatch and ST4 sounds too high-pitched.

Contemplating whether I should update... The one thing I dislike more than bugs is more bugs.

I have updated to 4.0.7 and on my PC, the clicking issues I reported in 4.06 no longer occur.

I never had the other issues you mention.

If you do upgrade and you still find there are issues with 4.0.7,you can always roll back to 4.0.4

• Like 1