Sampletank 4.0.8 (Update 30th Sept 2019) (Not a Deal)

ZincT

4.0.5 is pretty broken.  Even by IK standards.  The repeating MIDI note problem reproduces in Cubase easily.   Just draw a bunch of 1/8 notes on the same key.  It won't play them all when you play it back.  Doesn't seem to matter what patch you use either, it's the engine not the samples.

• Like 2

You really have to wonder about their QA process. If they break as many things as they fix when releasing a patch, it's clear that they are not testing thoroughly. I understand that 4.0.0 was rushed out the door to meet marketing deadlines, but at this point I would expect them to take the time to get updates right.

• Like 2

Hey Guys,

We thought we'd chime in here and address some of the concerns pointed out here.

For those of you with issues loading newly saved SampleTank 3 instruments in SampleTank 4.0.5, we are working on a fix as we speak. Feel free to roll back to version 4.0.4 using your IK account's My Products section, or keep an eye out for the next update here as well. This update should be coming soon. Keep in mind this issue does not affect SampleTank 4 instruments or existing sessions, but only older SampleTank 3 sounds being saved again in 4.0.5.

For anyone with this reported "MIDI repeating issue", I would urge you to reach out to support to give them all of your information. While I do see a posted issue in regards to VERY short MIDI Note On messages being skipped over in some DAWs. This was only for notes below 1/64 values, and only for some DAW users so many of you will never see this behavior.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Just a note to all. Any issues with our products should be reported to support for the best action. Once a support ticket is open, feel free to let me know in a PM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ryan IK Multimedia said:

Just a note to all. Any issues with our products should be reported to support for the best action. Once a support ticket is open, feel free to let me know in a PM.

While I'm still upset you haven't fixed the problem with the Steel Drums crashing Sampletank (going on 1.5 years now) I'm nothing if not willing to keep doing the same thing hoping for a different outcome.  So I've submitted the repeating note bug, with Cubase and Reaper projects and a MIDI file that reproduces it.

Anyone that wants to try this can download it here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kQYEnFkCmbbDJPC3yTJGjD3wSbdgtIOX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

While I'm still upset you haven't fixed the problem with the Steel Drums crashing Sampletank (going on 1.5 years now) I'm nothing if not willing to keep doing the same thing hoping for a different outcome.  So I've submitted the repeating note bug, with Cubase and Reaper projects and a MIDI file that reproduces it.

Anyone that wants to try this can download it here

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kQYEnFkCmbbDJPC3yTJGjD3wSbdgtIOX

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the Steel Drum. While I do recall an issue related to this instrument in an older version of SampleTank 3, this should be resolved in SampleTank 4. If you have a ticket in regards to your Steel Drum issue, I would be more than happy to take a look and see how I could escalate it. Shoot me a PM with your Ticket #.

If you need to open a new ticket, feel free to do so at the link below.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

On 7/6/2019 at 8:54 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

4.0.5 is pretty broken.  Even by IK standards.  The repeating MIDI note problem reproduces in Cubase easily.   Just draw a bunch of 1/8 notes on the same key.  It won't play them all when you play it back.  Doesn't seem to matter what patch you use either, it's the engine not the samples.

Confirmed here in Cakewalk by BandLab (current version).

* Draw 4 16th notes into a measure
* Playback
* Only 2 notes sound
* As you mention this is not patch specific

Steel Drums:
I loaded most of the Steel Drums patches and all seemed to work as expected.

Edited by Simeon Amburgey

I can also confirm the dropping of notes issue.  It only occurs when notes of the same value in a row overlap.  That is, the next note triggers before the previous note ends.  The issue does not occur if the note values are different.

I have to ask, has anyone logged a support ticket with IKM for this particular issue yet?  As others have reported this issue before me, I am hoping someone has logged a support ticket with IKM by now.

• 3 weeks later...

4.0.6 is here, but ...

and, I did send this to IK:

With the 4.0.6 update, I hear clicking on American Acoustic Fingerstyle Strumming 1 or 2,  or the AA Stereo Fingerstyle,  also on ST4 instruments, good examples being on "J200 Finger Sustain" a little bit,  "Palor L Finger Sustain" quite a bit.  Also on 1973 Stage EP, 1974 Wurly EP, and on Dyno Wide you can hear it accentuated by the reverb and make it happen easily playing it from a keyboard.

This midi file demonstrates it well with any of the patches listed.

ST 406 clicks.mid

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dave Schreier said:

With the 4.0.6 update, I hear clicking on American Acoustic Fingerstyle Strumming 1 or 2,  or the AA Stereo Fingerstyle,  also on ST4 instruments, good examples being on "J200 Finger Sustain" a little bit,  "Palor L Finger Sustain" quite a bit. 

Confirmed here live playing stand alone ST4.06 from MIDI controller using AA Fingerstyle Strumming 1 or 2

Even if you apply the Sample Update (and install the new Pedal Steel Guitar) there are definitely new clicks between 4.04 and 4.06.  I used Dave's MIDI file and exported audio using 4.04, then upgraded but didn't update the library and exported that and then updated the library and exported that.  In RX7 you can see a bunch of clicks before the library update that weren't in 4.04 but even after the library update there are still serious clicks (less than before the library update though).  Here's some screen shots, look at the 2.5 second mark for the upward spike and before the library update there is an additional downward spike at 2.0 and just past the 2.5 upward spike that aren't in 4.04.

First 4.04, no clicks

kJxoyI.jpg

Now 4.06 but no library update

b5JLd7.jpg

And 4.06 with the library update

I6HajV.jpg

With repeating (not overlapping like their release notes say) notes on the grid not working 4.05 is out for me.  These clicks may just be the guitars/strumming since the release notes list a bunch of changes there.  After a number of emails they have admitted the Steel Drums do crash, it's not fixed in this release (I didn't expect it to be).

Edited by Matthew Sorrels

Hey Guys,

The SampleTank 4.0.6 update is up for those of you who haven't updated.  It is suggested all users update their sound content and software to use the latest version. This includes the following changes.

Download your files from your My Products section of your User Area.

What’s new in SampleTank v4.06*

• Added new Pedal Steel Guitar Instrument (available for MAX and Standard only)
  • Fixed missing Record option in Strummer
  • Fixed SampleTank 3 instruments recalling as corrupt files
  • Fixed an issue with overlapping MIDI notes not always triggering in a DAW
  • Fixed SampleTank 4 drums not loading completely on macOS 10.10.5
  • Transpose in Strummer resets note properly now
  • A Sound Library Update 1.5 is available. This adds a new set of String instruments with key-switchable articulations (MAX only) and improves loading times of Guitar instruments.

@Dave Schreier @Matthew Sorrels & @Promidi I see a couple comments on some 'clicks' added from the update. Please reach out to support for any of these issues, they can take a look into what you're experiencing.

Please do note the SampleTank 4.0.6 update and Sound Content Updater1.5  should not have affected any SampleTank 3 sounds. If you noticed, the sound content updater download's content only included SampleTank 4 sound files (Instruments/Samples/Multis). There were no SampleTank 3 sounds changed with this update.

If you can pass some specifics to the team, they can look into each of your issues. Unfortunately, posting here may not get you the best resolution. While we do look at forums to see what we can do help our user base outside of traditional means, this is in no way a technical support forum.

As always, feel free to PM me your ticket number, I will make sure your ticket is flagged and taken care of in a speedy manner. 

@Dave Schreier make sure to shoot me a PM with your ticket number when you can.

Edited by Ryan IK Multimedia