Sampletank 4.0.8 (Update 30th Sept 2019) (Not a Deal)

ZincT

26 minutes ago, Promidi said:

If you do upgrade and you still find there are issues with 4.0.7,you can always roll back to 4.0.4

Oh yes, I forgot it came with a singular installer, instead of one of those installation managers which take the liberty of rolling back away from you. Forgetting of which is kind of a feat after going through the install procedure of the sample content IK-style...

Thanks for the affirmation, I'll give it a go.

Sound on Sound just reviewed SampleTank 4.  Check out the full article here: http://bit.ly/2Hyh3Wu

"SampleTank 4's high-quality sounds and features aimed at the live context make for a great combination. If you need a broad palette of high-quality sounds within a single, easy-to-use package, it is undoubtedly a serious contender. It brings some significant improvements in features and sounds. As an easy-to-use, all-in-one sonic workhorse it remains a great choice for both studio and live use."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys, just a heads up, there is a new SampleTank 4 update out. Version 4.0.8 includes a bunch of optimizations, so be sure to snag your download now from My Products. News and alerts for it should be coming shortly. Stay tuned.

What’s new in SampleTank v4.0.8

•Fixed a potential crash when loading Arpeggio instruments/multis with disabled playback
•Fixed an issue with Live Mode not recalling all settings in DAW projects
•Fixed an issue with some London Grooves instruments not affected by Loop Manager
•Fixed a potential issue with macro names overlapping each other
•Fixed an issue on macOS 10.10 and Live 9 that led to a crash when automating Envelopes
•Optimized instrument retrigger when changing tempo in Loop Manager
•Optimized Phraser pattern playback and performance
•Optimized Strummer Chords and Pattern playback and performance
•Optimized Virtual Pads GUI to refresh properly with note on/off values on Windows
•Live Mode: Made it easier to input Program Change values
•Phraser: Patterns can be freely moved and reassigned to any note
•Added scrolling to view long directory paths in the Sound Content settings
•BPM-Synched LFO Rates now display fraction values in Edit page

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Any reactions to v4.0.8?

What’s the buzz?

Working fine here

I loaded a patch (A Wide Open Gum) into 4.08 that I know crashes 4.07 with the playback disabled.   It played fine.  (This is the issue I formally reported to IKM Support)

I am doing a project with 4.08.  So far, it's looking good - no crashes so far.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, Fleer said:

Any reactions to v4.0.8?

What’s the buzz?

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I think SampleTank 4 may finally be ready for general release! xD

Yup, all seems good here! Thanks for the heads-up Ryan 👍🏻

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested, t here was a recent update to the way Sound Library Updates are handled in My Products for SampleTank 4.  They are now in their own location  and due to this, outside of the expiration period for sounds. These can be downloaded at any time. Check out the image below. I figured a couple of you here would appreciate the heads up. 🤘

151549541_Screenshot_2019-10-19IKMultimediaMusiciansFirst.thumb.png.6528f6cc2cbfb13f359e67af7849a89a.png 

Edited by Ryan IK Multimedia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

On 10/18/2019 at 6:48 PM, Ryan IK Multimedia said:

For anyone interested, t here was a recent update to the way Sound Library Updates are handled in My Products for SampleTank 4.  They are now in their own location  and due to this, outside of the expiration period for sounds. These can be downloaded at any time. Check out the image below. I figured a couple of you here would appreciate the heads up. 🤘

151549541_Screenshot_2019-10-19IKMultimediaMusiciansFirst.thumb.png.6528f6cc2cbfb13f359e67af7849a89a.png 

Pleased to see this, as it should be :-)

Baby steps...

But the proof of them "getting" it would require a bigger change to their download policy. ;)

I archive all of my downloads locally, so no big deal for me. But I have seen so many complaints about this, that I can only conclude that they are shooting themselves in the foot with their reluctance to change policy.

Alternatively, a friendlier way for them to limit bandwidth use would be to offer a couple of lifetime re-downloads before charging, rather than a time limit.

But with modern large scale content delivery networks available, how big a deal could a few extra downloads be to their bottom line vs. potential lost goodwill?  They have to host the content somewhere anyway for the new customers!

Edited by abacab

They really need a download manager.  The pain that installing Sampletank 4 MAX inflected really shouldn't have been allowed to happen.  If Toontrack and UVI can do it, IK can too.  Even if they are determined to keep charging for extra downloads they could at least create a manager so that downloading and installing all that content isn't so painful. 

If they could remove that customer crushing download policy AND solve their download/install pain and suffering factor it would be a huge win.  It's also perhaps the cheapest advertising platform they could ever hope to have.  Offering them a chance to present new products right to their existing customers along with that comfy warm feeling of getting updates.  There is a reason you manage your products using store fronts for Google Play and Apple -- promotion/exposure/advertising.

Arturia Software Center, Native Access from Native Instruments, and  the XLN  Online Installer all show  good examples to follow for download managers.

In addition to simplifying the download/installation process for the user, the biggest upside is that a manager makes it   simple to tell at a glance if you have all of your content installed, as well as if anything needs updating.

A manager could also make it more attractive for a customer to try a trial or demo of a new product, if you know that it can be easily installed/uninstalled with a couple of clicks. That might be a big plus for IK marketing! :D