Celtic Era 2 from Eduardo Talironte has been released, including upgrade price for original Celtic Era owners...

Amicus717

Info is here: https://www.bestservice.com/celtic_era_2.html

The authentic Sound of Celtic Myths

Let us take you on a musical journey back in time. With Celtic ERA 2 by Eduardo Tarilonte the gates to the high north have been unlocked. Discover Celtic culture through sounds which have shaped Ireland's landscape musically for generations.

Eduardo Tarilonte's Celtic ERA 2 marks a major upgrade to his Celtic instrument collection, adding additional instruments as well as a revamped and streamlined GUI.

Celtic ERA 2 proves to be not only the perfect instrument collection for film scores and TV documentaries about the Emerald Isle, but also for composers that want to add unique and high quality sounds to their music.

Top Features at a Glance

25 GB library with a total of over 25,000 samples

36 Celtic Wind, String and Percussion instruments, rich in detail and recorded in pristine quality

Four additional instruments from the Bronze Age: Cranyx, Cornu, Dord and War Horns

All instruments consist of extensive multisamples (24 bit/44.1 kHz) with several dynamic levels, various articulations, round-robin, real legato as well as glissando samples

Recorded using selected Kahayan U47-microphones into preamplifiers by the same manufacturer

Recorded by outstanding musicians of the Irish music scene

Including authentic phrases as MIDI-patterns as well as inspiring soundscapes

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 2

So, I spent yesterday evening messing around with Celtic ERA 2, and I like it quite a bit. However, I'm a total sucker for this kind of stuff -- I use these kind of ethnic libraries a lot, and can't get enough of them. So, take this mini-review with a chunk of salt. 

If you've already got Celtic ERA 1, and you like it, then I think this a great addition for $99. The new instruments are excellent, and I know I'll find them useful. The additional pipes and flutes are especially awesome, with a great vibe and lots of articulation options. I have a thing for wooden and folk flutes -- I must have 20 or 30 various folk flute patches from a whole bunch of libraries, including Tarilonte's other Eras, and they have become a huge part of my sound. Celtic ERA 2 adds some really nice ones, including the Asubia, which Tarilonte describes as a Galician Ocarinne. It's got a unique flavor, and I don't have anything quite like it in my collection.

The additional bag pipes are great, and really nicely recorded. Same for the new percussion instruments. They added a skin snare and a tom that sound really good, to my ears, and should be easy to add to a percussion mix. 

Finally, Tarilonte tossed in a few extra Soundscape patches, which are always a welcome addition. 

I also like the new interface -- less busy, and much easier on the eyes. 

So, I think this is a no-brainer upgrade for original Celtic Era fans.

If you're new to the Celtic Era library, but this kind of instrument collection would be useful, then you should give this library a serious look. These are great patches, and the instruments on offer cover a lot of ground. 

Of note: Personally, I find Tarilonte's libraries have a learning curve, and programming them takes a bit of work if you want things sounding realistic. Many of the instruments have lots of articulation selections beyond the basic legato/sustain/staccato options, including various ornaments, trills, slides, and the like. So, to get full value from them requires an investment of time. But if you put in the effort and have the knack for it, the results are usually pretty spectacular.

Also, this is an Engine library, and I know some folks really don't like Engine's interface. I'm not exactly keen on it myself, with it's too-small controls and circa-1998 interface. But it gets the job done, it's quite stable on my system, and I really don't find it a problem. Considering how awesome Tarilonte's libraries are (I have all the Eras), it's totally worth the minor irritation.

As always YMMV, but I'm really happy I got this one. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Friday’s livestream was nuts!

Here is the full replay featuring Celtic Era 2. The only way I can describe the library is that there is real “heart” inside of the instruments that you experience while playing them. The replay is indexed and I am working on editing stand alone segments as well.

Enjoy!

Celtic Era 2 | CHROMA Grand Piano | GAZE | Giveaways and More!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Friday’s livestream was nuts!

Here is the full replay featuring Celtic Era 2. The only way I can describe the library is that there is real “heart” inside of the instruments that you experience while playing them. The replay is indexed and I am working on editing stand alone segments as well.

Enjoy!

Celtic Era 2 | CHROMA Grand Piano | GAZE | Giveaways and More!

Your direct link to Celtic Era is not working in your Youtube video, but I watched it and may upgrade it eventually.

9 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Thanks Yan, strange.
I just tried on my iPad and both were working.
Are you getting an error message or page not found?

Joyfully,

Simeon

I mean the index of the video in Youtube. We can’t click on Celtic Era 2, but we can click on the other links. Probably it’s missing : , it’s written 0035:15 instead of 00:35:15

• Thanks 1

Just following up on Antler's query above.  Are all instruments from Celtic Era  (1) included?  Have they been enhanced or modified? Do you actually need Celtic Era (1) on your computer if you have CE2?

I would liked to have seen a midi export function in CE1. Is there any such feature in CE2?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Cyril Johnson said:

Just following up on Antler's query above.  Are all instruments from Celtic Era  (1) included?  Have they been enhanced or modified? Do you actually need Celtic Era (1) on your computer if you have CE2?

I would liked to have seen a midi export function in CE1. Is there any such feature in CE2?

Thanks

Cyril,

All of the instruments in Celtic Era 1 are included in Celtic Era 1. There is also no MIDI export,

Hopefully the Engine will get a much needed overhaul soon to incorporate those types of features as well as updating the gui and such.

Joyfully!