Problem with inputs on track templates

rfssongs

I have several input ports enabled, more in fact when I use a Midi Mapper or Note Mapper. I have since realized that even when I retrieve regular files it always defaults to input port 1 & does not remember the last port set. It's not a killer but I have to reset the input ports to hear the correct sounds. This is not so much of an issue when I just record a track but it is more of an issue when I have a bunch of mapped ports set up on different channels.

Again this is not a major deal but it does seem like a bit of a bug.

The problem happens with MIDI ports of USB devices.

If you don't have all the devices you used in the project or template turned on, Cawalk just shift all port assignmets.

Even if you turn all the devices on, sometimes Cakewalk just mix all the inputs and outputs. For this particular case somebody told me that setting ttsq.ini to read only after stting things up will keep the order of the ports, and it works to some extent, but if you have one device turned off, everything gets messed up again.

Check my original post (and the steps for make ttsq.ini read only):

"If you don't have all the devices you used in the project or template turned on"

Thanks but that's not it, at least for the external stuff, everything is always on. I specifically use a multiport midi device to avoid this problem because the ports are always available even if the synth power is off. I will get a look at your post, it might help with the plug in though.

Edited by rfssongs
  • Like 1

But the multi-pot interface is USB?
Because I think the problem is related to that (I used to have a parallel multi-pot MIDI interface and did not have the problem), but with USB, ports get mixed all the time, even if it is a multi port one. I have 2 Korg synths that have 2 ports each, and the order of those ports are mixed even if it is the only synth I'm using.
But, I think for you, making ttsq.ini read only should work as you have only one USB device connected all time.