Ozone 10 Has Arrived

Heath Row

4 hours ago, paulo said:

I always liked the reverb module - pro people will say that applying reverb doesn't belong in the mastering process and there is no doubt that those folks will have probably forgotten more about the subject than I will ever know, but all the same, it gave a certain something to the sound that I wasn't able to achieve otherwise. I've even been known to add O5 as a vst into the 09A standalone just to effectively put that reverb module back.

Paulo , very few people , including people calling themselves pro , knows that a lot of processing in pre mastering ( witch is where we process signal in opposition with mastering witch is the format process)  are here to compensate a loss or the impact of format change ( from  digi  to vinyl or mp 3 ect ...) ... and one process that is super impacting is the lost of dynamic range ( due to heavy limiting / compressing) : the impact is extremily big on spacial perception , hence the presence of stereo imager , expander and REVERB in the processes chains .... 

Bob kats uad stereo /ambiance recovery is a perfect exemple of what s needed and was an instant buy for me ....and it emphases the fact that when you ask true mastering legends , those concepts are evident ....

Edited by Zo
  • Thanks 1