Ozone 10 Has Arrived

Heath Row

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

Very Weird Stuff Going On.

Ozone 10 Advanced shows up in my iLok manager and Izotope Product Portal. I install it from the Portal (it says it's installed) and it's not in the Izotope Start Menu. Is there no longer a Standalone app?

Just saw @balinas post with the same observation.

Yes, they said that there wasn't enough usage of the Standalone version so they decided to drop it from v10, allowing them to concentrate more on other parts 😁

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/6749022538525-Ozone-10-FAQ

Edited by heath row

26 minutes ago, heath row said:

Yes, they said that there wasn't enough usage of the Standalone version so they decided to drop it from v10, allowing them to concentrate more on other parts 😁

I installed Ozone 10 Advanced this morning - first thing I looked for is the stand-alone app.  Re-installed trying to see if I missed a step.  Then came here to see if others had the same issue.  I can't believe it.  The stand-alone was the natural place for it in the process for me anyway.  Bummer.   I like what they have updated for version 10, but this one aspect is very disappointing.

3 minutes ago, heath row said:

usage stat's at their best.😢

I always decline ‘sharing’ my process/stats with any company, including Izotope. Maybe if I had there would still be a standalone. LOL.  I like Izotope products for the most part, but I don’t think getting rid of the standalone, not announcing that,  and still charging the same or more, is going to impress me much. 

• Like 1

I just thought of my new workaround for not having a stand-alone. Still export my song file. Have another song file with nothing in it except Ozone. Then bring in the exported file. Amounts to the same thing.

Why not just have Ozone in the original file?  I suppose that’s fine for lots of producers - unless the song file is chock full of effects that are pretty much maxing out the CPU.  (That’s a description of my usual song file situation at the final mix point.)

Having Ozone separate allows for a final mastering cycle with no CPU considerations.

That’s why for me anyway.

Also, I’m going to write iZotope with an objection to their decision.

Edited by lawajava

If you have Studio One, you could just export your mix to the Production page and run Ozone there...  Or start a new empty project in whatever DAW and just use Ozone with your mixed tracks. It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me TBH, but then, I never used the stand alone version either.  (I never use the T-Racks stuff stand alone either. )

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mibby said:

It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me TBH, but then, I never used the stand alone version either.

The stand alone version allows 3rd party vsts to run inside ozone itself and be moved up or down the signal chain in the same way as the ozone modules. Unless it has changed now this was not possible in the DAW version.

1 minute ago, paulo said:

The stand alone version allows 3rd party vsts to run inside ozone itself and be moved up or down the signal chain in the same way as the ozone modules. Unless it has changed now this was not possible in the DAW version.

From memory of older versions, no it's not possible.

But, the Advanced version allows each individual Ozone module to be used as a separate plugin.

30 minutes ago, paulo said:

Oh, that IS WAS a nice feature!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

9 minutes ago, antler said:

From memory of older versions, no it's not possible.

But, the Advanced version allows each individual Ozone module to be used as a separate plugin.

Yeah,  I guess you could just load up all the individual modules into the fx bin of your DAW if you don't ever need the AI help to get you started, but I'm a dummy that needs all the help I can get.

I'm happy enough with 09A, so not really a problem for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, heath row said:

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/6749022538525-Ozone-10-FAQ

Translation : we re tired of messing around with os and plugin compatibility ...we will let daw s handle this , we will stick with vst aax ect as it consume less ressources ...

shame i was really interested in this one .... does it kill ozone 9 or both can co exist ..?

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

12 hours ago, heath row said:

they said that there wasn't enough usage of the Standalone version so they decided to drop it from v10

LMAO. Speaking from my experience with their periodic  "loyalty" offers, they don't even seem to know what products I already own, so I hope for their sake that the same person isn't in charge of compiling usage data, which in my case they have no way of knowing anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Some would kill for that ozone 5 license. People swear it’s best ozone sound ever.

I always liked the reverb module - pro people will say that applying reverb doesn't belong in the mastering process and there is no doubt that those folks will have probably forgotten more about the subject than I will ever know, but all the same, it gave a certain something to the sound that I wasn't able to achieve otherwise. I've even been known to add O5 as a vst into the 09A standalone just to effectively put that reverb module back.