Resizing vertical of closed tracks

IgoRr

Hi!

It would be great if to the Cakewalk was added the option to change (reduce) the vertical size of CLOSED tracks, similar to Logic Pro X, this would significantly optimize the main interface window when working with a large number of tracks. Even on my large 2560x1440 32" monitor, the number of closed tracks is very limited, and I have to spend a lot of time searching, batch processing, and moving vertically between tracks.

Thanks in advance, continue to enjoy my favorite program from the development team, thank you so much for your work!

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Track folders?

Folders too. But I meant precisely the possibility of reducing the vertical size of tracks and folders, as implemented in Logic Pro X, where tracks and folders can be compressed in size almost to lines, but at the same time, track and clip names remain visible.

Edited by IgoRr

1 hour ago, IgoRr said:

Hi!

It would be great if to the Cakewalk was added the option to change (reduce) the vertical size of CLOSED tracks, similar to Logic Pro X, this would significantly optimize the main interface window when working with a large number of tracks. Even on my large 2560x1440 32" monitor, the number of closed tracks is very limited, and I have to spend a lot of time searching, batch processing, and moving vertically between tracks.

Thanks in advance, continue to enjoy my favorite program from the development team, thank you so much for your work!

You mean like this? 

1085582254_Screenshot(22).thumb.png.9cfb6686a5477f9ff8aa6dfd0e3d2e8b.png

This is with my laptop. 

56 minutes ago, Will. said:

You mean like this?

Yes, it looks like the way it is now, 47 completely closed tracks or folders fit on my monitor. But I would like the vertical size to be reduced even more, in the Logic Pro X, more than 100 tracks fit in the same size and monitor resolution, while the display of track names is fully preserved, this is very convenient.

I don't think it would be very difficult to do this in our Cakewalk, or am I mistaken?

47 tracks'.png

On 9/12/2022 at 9:36 PM, IgoRr said:

Yes, it looks like the way it is now, 47 completely closed tracks or folders fit on my monitor. But I would like the vertical size to be reduced even more, in the Logic Pro X, more than 100 tracks fit in the same size and monitor resolution, while the display of track names is fully preserved, this is very convenient.

I don't think it would be very difficult to do this in our Cakewalk, or am I mistaken?

47 tracks'.png

I'll go check in the main studio quick where I use Logic Pro as well what exactly it is you mean. I do have somewhat of an idea, but that would mean the team will have to redesign a brand new scalable UI. Basically a new DAW to fit every available monitor small, large and wide. I have a 27 inch ultra wide 4K in the studio. 

Edited by Will.

• scook featured and unfeatured this topic
3 minutes ago, Will. said:

but that would mean the team will have to redesign a brand new scalable UI. Basically a new DAW to fit every available monitor small, large and wide

You understood correctly what I wanted to say and explain my idea. I watch a lot of tutorials from Jacob Collier, he works in Logic Pro X, and his YouTube videos in 4K fully match the aspect ratio of my monitor. And I saw several projects with him, where more than 100 closed tracks were displayed, and there was a feeling that in Logic you can compress (reduce) them even more.

I don't know, maybe I'm asking too much, but it seems to me that changing the resolution of the UI is not too difficult for a team that is able to implement such complex and subtle improvements in Cakewalk, although I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, IgoRr said:

I'm sorry, I do not speak English well enough, and Google translate gives some strange translation, can you explain what you mean?  ☹️

Sure. 

Vote or your topic on a weekly basis, so people can see it. 

Edited by Will.