PA_EXT deal - IK Multimedia

Frank

Another week, another PA_EXT deal! This Wednesday, we are bringing not one, but two IK Multimedia plugins to our store: the Tape Machine 24 & Tape Machine 440! Delivering iconic sonic signature heard on countless classic albums, these tape machine emulations will become available for just 48 hours starting September 14! 

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news/article/items/pa-ext.html

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Frank said:

Another week, another PA_EXT deal! This Wednesday, we are bringing not one, but two IK Multimedia plugins to our store: the Tape Machine 24 & Tape Machine 440! Delivering iconic sonic signature heard on countless classic albums, these tape machine emulations will become available for just 48 hours starting September 14! 

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news/article/items/pa-ext.html

Alreaday have both but this is pretty shocking news having IKM in the PA store if true.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bapu said:

So you kind of missed the announcement of the acquisition of PA by IKM? 🙂 

Got a press release on that?

Would be pretty surprised to find out that Soundwide (the PA, NI and Izotope collective) is now owned by IKM.  

Edited by Brian Walton

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

So you kind of missed the announcement of the acquisition of PA by IKM? 🙂 

1 hour ago, Greg said:

Say what? :)

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Got a press release on that?

Would be pretty surprised to find out that Soundwide (the PA, NI and Izotope collective) is now owned by IKM.  

image.png.f39b6e488a65526f4618e2b5c7f3c410.png

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, antler said:

It's their popup store, like they did for their recent Audiority plugin sale

I'm aware but all the ex store stuff has been small developers.  IKM is one of the largest in the industry and don't exactly need the "marketing" the pop up store provides.  

Audiority is awesome but also not exactly a household name and even they are bigger than some of the others that hit the store.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I must admit, I am quite surprised by this IKM product being some on PA and wonder what is going on it the background. Are PA turning into APD and using their e-commerce store to generate revenue?

I don't think so. I think it's more that IK is trying to maximize its audience; I doubt PA have maximum-company-size required for their popup shop, and they know that the combined user-base of iZotope, NI, and PA would be huge.

• Like 1