Inserting A 5/4 Bar in Cakewalk (FIXED)

bayoubill

I always go to Project > Insert Meter/Key Change, after first setting the Now Marker to where I want the measure inserted, and I set the meter in the dialog box window that opens up.  I do this all the time, as I work on prog projects with oodles of changing meters.

Bob Bone

11 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Thanks for the help guys! I don't know why it didn't show in track at first view but I have everything going now. 

You might want to make sure you didn't accidentally insert meter changes in different time line locations than you meant to, with some of the earlier attempts.  In any case, glad you are able to move forward again.  :)

Bob Bone

Glad you have it sorted out, now.  So, it appears that either method of inserting a meter change worked all along, and it is just that the insertions were not being done at the measure on the time line where you thought they were being inserted.

So - I always make sure the Now Marker is positioned at the point where I want to insert a meter change, and afterwards, I always click a measure back from the inserted meter change, and let it roll over the measure where the meter change was inserted, to make sure it was done where I had intended.

Also, make SURE you have the correct check box selected, in the Insert Meter Change dialog box, because one of the options is to insert a new meter change, while the other option is to change the LAST meter change done (and I believe that option - changing the most recent meter change) is the default - which can really mess you up, unless that is what you intended.  Almost every time I insert a meter change, I want it to insert a brand new meter change at the current Now Time marker position on the project timeline.

Good luck with it all - I hope I explained things enough to where I haven't massively confused you.  :)

Bob Bone