Ocean (ambient pop music)

Larry T.

greetings!!!! here's the latest called Ocean (ambient pop music)....have at it 😅 🎶🎶🎶🎶

link: https://larryterrano.bandcamp.com/track/ocean-ambient-pop-music

Ocean cover small.jpg

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab

pc: windows 10, i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 8GB ram, acoustic and electric guitars, bass guitar, focusrite scarlett solo, arturia minilab mkII, arturia analog lab 5 lite, CbB effects, harmonica

reference speakers: M-Audio BX3

Special Thanks to Mike Enjo at #creativesauce on You Tube whose incredible videos on how to use CbB made this possible

Edited by Larry T.
improvement.

Hi Larry . . . so glad I stopped by this one, very laid back listen for my Sunday evening . . . really enjoyed the organic nature of this, and effective how you moved between the harmonica and the arp synth solos a few times . . . are you playing a twelve string acoustic guitar ?, at least that's what I'm hearing.

(Also, great that you credited Mike @ Creative Sauce . . . he certainly deserves some credit on my stuff as well)

• Thanks 1

Love the harmonica!

Ok, I got that out of the way...

Kind of a poly rhythmic thing going on; yeah! 👍

t

I've talked about using the D'Addario "Flat Tops" on my acoustics and "Half Rounds" on my electrics.
They help with the "squeaks"; a bunch!
Downside; you do lose a little of that "new strings" brightness. (that doesn't "last" anyway).
And the "G" on the acoustics; I buy extra singles 'cause I go right thru them (literally!).
You might try a de-eser, with a little automation you can get the track "cleaned" up pretty good.
That or just some volume automation, or 💡 a combination of the two.
The wife is a huge Joni Mitchell fan, I'm constantly hearing; "why doesn't Joni get all that squeaking?".
(my toughest critic; by far. The wife, not Joni 🙃)
No substitute for good technique...

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 8:28 PM, noynekker said:

Hi Larry . . . so glad I stopped by this one, very laid back listen for my Sunday evening . . . really enjoyed the organic nature of this, and effective how you moved between the harmonica and the arp synth solos a few times . . . are you playing a twelve string acoustic guitar ?, at least that's what I'm hearing.

(Also, great that you credited Mike @ Creative Sauce . . . he certainly deserves some credit on my stuff as well)

thanks and glad you liked it....no 12 string on the song, i do have an acoustic 6 string on both left and right sides panned completely 100% left and 100% right....yeah, without Mike's tutorials none of my stuff would sound half as good as it does as i would still be looking through the manual for instructions 🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 9/11/2022 at 10:37 PM, bjornpdx said:

I think this is the best song I've heard from you, Larry. Minimal but packs in a lot of visuals for me. Love the guitar riff and tempo change ~ 0:40 with other instruments coming in. Well done.
-Bjorn

thanks Bjorn....yes, i really tried to keep this as minimal/organic as i could 🎶🎶🎶🎶

On 9/12/2022 at 3:56 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Love the harmonica!

Ok, I got that out of the way...

Kind of a poly rhythmic thing going on; yeah! 👍

t

I've talked about using the D'Addario "Flat Tops" on my acoustics and "Half Rounds" on my electrics.
They help with the "squeaks"; a bunch!
Downside; you do lose a little of that "new strings" brightness. (that doesn't "last" anyway).
And the "G" on the acoustics; I buy extra singles 'cause I go right thru them (literally!).
You might try a de-eser, with a little automation you can get the track "cleaned" up pretty good.
That or just some volume automation, or 💡 a combination of the two.
The wife is a huge Joni Mitchell fan, I'm constantly hearing; "why doesn't Joni get all that squeaking?".
(my toughest critic; by far. The wife, not Joni 🙃)
No substitute for good technique...

thanks tom....the harmonica was something i wanted to try to see if it would fit....after awhile i figurered out where it would fit right....the squeaking strings i really tried hard to keep them as quiet as possible but the song has some quick changes and this is the best i could come up with....the strings are D'Addario extra light that are labeled "bright"....i will try the "Flat Tops" and "Half Rounds" soon....i thought a good equalizer would be able to take away the squeaks as the CbB one won't....i never thought of a de-eser but i'll give it a try, thanks!!!!....i did use some volume automation to hide some of the isolated squeaks where i could but some places they were all happening within seconds and it would not work....thanks again!!!! 🎶🎶🎶🎶