FR: On Bus strips.

Will.

The Track Control Manager and Module Tab in the console is a great tool to custom your strips, but it is not flexible enough. 

I was looking for a way to remove only the Master Bus MSR buttons and the PC Gain,Pan - including the channel pan knob. Unfortunetly neither Track Control Manager, nor the Console Module Tab allow us to remove these buttons individualy per bus to create a dedicated strip as the "Master Strip." 

Reason: I had just hooked my laptop to my Nuclear 2 (By the way: it works extremely smooth with The CWalk) Not sure what happened - though it was definitely human error, which panned the PC pan knob 4%  Left. This had me going through every channel and strip with an effect Aux and Bus strips wondering why the track is slightly playing more through the left speaker. I have never used the PC Bus Gain nor its Pan EVER, so i didnt think of looking there. Eventually my eye caught this issue and did a reset to "C" (center.) I immediately open the Track Manager only to discover 

This little incident sparked this request to have these be removed per button and per strip. Example: I would like my "Main Dedicated Master Strip" not to have the PC gain, pan, channel pan, send module and the MSRW buttons on it | but | to only have the Interleave on it with my mix bus only the MS and Interleave. 

Hope I'm not asking too much and that you see the flexibility and "Security" in this. 

Edited by Will.

47 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

HW output but really minimal. 

No, to the hardware bus. That is of no USE basically when you have a Control Surface. That is why mine is always permanetly tucked away | and | not relevent as an example. 

Yes, to your "Bus A" as an example to this as a"Dedicated Master Bus." You do not want to accidently have your mix bus, or your master bus be panned slightly to one side. That will mess up a perfectly balance, mix as i encountered earlier - before decovering the reason why it was. 

47 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

would you still want FX and PC available?  

Yes, most definetly would i want the FX bin still available on these, but if the option is given to remove it too, why not? Personally, I wouldnt remove it. Cause the "Dedicated Master Bus" would be where I do my Mastering and the second one my Mix Bus. I always have 2 Mix bus strips and a Master Bus in the final project, with each having its own reason and use for. Like sometimes I would create a 4th "Mix bus strip" to do my overall parallel compression, if i feel it needs a little more | or | use it as a wet/dry saturation bus on the overall mix to create the perfect artificial analog sound. So this is where you would only want the Mute/Solo and interleave (obviously with the volume slider included) on the entire strip. More Flexibilty. 

As far as the PC module goes. I cant remember when last I had used it. It too is permanently . . . uhmm . . . disabled? It's removed lol.

Appreciate the +1. 

Example: What I would like to remove on my "Dedicated Master Bus." 

Remove.thumb.jpg.863d889d4ef1ef261cd083d49b95e961.jpg

Edited by Will.

12 hours ago, Will. said:

Not sure what happened - though it was definitely human error, which panned the PC pan knob 4%  Left.

These accidental changes are happening because controls of the Console View are responding hovering over mousewheel actions.

If there was option to activate the controls only after the selection, these accidental changes would not happen. 

When you select a slider or knob, a rectangle is appearing around the control like this:

image.png.b590d18a4cde5d2f4a52426693ab7668.png

I mean if mousewheel would respond only after that, it would prevent us to make any accidents on Console View.

This is the core of your problem. When it will be implemented, your problem will be gone and you won't care about that kind of accidental changes or need individual display changes anymore.

19 minutes ago, murat k. said:

These accidental changes are happening because controls of the Console View are responding hovering over mousewheel actions.

If there was option to activate the controls only after the selection, these accidental changes would not happen. 

When you select a slider or knob, a rectangle is appearing around the control like this:

I mean if mousewheel would respond only after that, it would prevent us to make any accidents on Console View.

This is the core of your problem. When it will be implemented, your problem will be gone and you won't care about that kind of accidental changes or need individual display changes anymore.

Read here: 👇

11 hours ago, Will. said:

As far as the PC module goes. I cant remember when last I had used it. 

👆 This implies to the PC gain and pan knob too. 

Lastly: I dont see how your respond is relevant to this request on things we know of. This is about creating Custom Strips - as in a DEDICATED MASTER STRIP(s) to save with your default template and not whatever you have taken from reading here. What you are discribing (and what we all know,) is something entirely different to this request. 

3 hours ago, murat k. said:

That may or may not have caused the unintentional pan change in the OP's particular case. But you brought up a very good point, and the mouse wheel behavior you are proposing for Console View is exactly the way it works right now in Track View. Because of this, I have never accidentally changed a control with the mouse wheel in Track View, only in Console View. You may want to start a new thread to focus on this particular issue.