4th of July AmpliTube $/€39.99 AmpliTube Collections and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Special Sale

Peter - IK Multimedia

If you buy the fender collection, does that come with amplitube or do you have to buy amplitube separately and the fender collection is an add on.

I did try the demo of amplitube but got rid of it, I don't like their shop mentality, everything was minus a feature that you had to go to the shop to buy.  Also, I don't think their install and authorization process is compatible with my DAW. I don't think you can download to a separate computer and then transfer the product over to the offline DAW, I might be wrong there though.

On 7/6/2019 at 8:51 PM, Tezza said:

If you buy the fender collection, does that come with amplitube or do you have to buy amplitube separately and the fender collection is an add on.

I did try the demo of amplitube but got rid of it, I don't like their shop mentality, everything was minus a feature that you had to go to the shop to buy.  Also, I don't think their install and authorization process is compatible with my DAW. I don't think you can download to a separate computer and then transfer the product over to the offline DAW, I might be wrong there though.

We do offer offline authorization.  Please check this FAQ for more details:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1045

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We do offer offline authorization.  Please check this FAQ for more details:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1045

Thanks Peter, this does not answer my question though, I need to know specifically whether you can download the products to an online computer and then transfer them to the offline DAW.  I cannot find any information about that on the site. thanks.

Look in one of the manuals of Amplitube. There is a section in there about the Authorization Manager, and the very last section describes how to off-line authorize. I did it for a few years, so it can be done.

I think you have to download the program direct to your DAW via a stub installer, that's no good for me with bad internet and offline DAW. on-line authorization is fine, just put the dongle in and takes a couple of minutes if that. offline is also ok, I just can't download products direct to the DAW, takes too long and fails repeatedly. Unless I can download the product on my laptop in a good internet area and then transfer it to my DAW then the company does not suit me. 

I guess I don't understand the question.  You would need to download the product to your computer which would require an online computer unless you are using a physical product.  You don't need a "stub installer" from your DAW (which I honestly don't quite understand fully either), you can download the installers for any of our products in your IK User Area per the first line in the FAQ:  "Make sure the latest plugin version is installed, available in the IK User Area > My Products."

You would transfer the downloaded installer to your offline computer, run the installer there, then follow the rest of the steps.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

You would transfer the downloaded installer to your offline computer, run the installer there, then follow the rest of the steps.

Exactly. Didn't know he was referring to that part. That should be no problem what so ever. D/l it to a usb stick, install it where you want then.

Must be something we are not understanding then.

Edited by Grem