Sought: good free piano instrument

13 hours ago, mettelus said:

https://soundtips.net/piano-vst/

Has a nice list and descriptions/sizes of the more popular ones. Post-processing is needed to tweak the character of most since they are free.

This is a very good list.  Here's a description of one piano.  I wonder if the developer used Google translate?

"Keyzone Classic is another straightforward and free piano VST that is likewise exceptionally appraised. Included in a straightforward manner, you’ll alter assault, rot, maintain, and a predetermined number of different settings. This assists with keeping the interface basic while as yet holding some measure of sound molding capacity.

Notwithstanding having an incredible interface and astounding sounds, Keyzone Classic will likewise keep running on both macOS and Windows."

After that description I HAD to download it!

XLN Audio has a free version of their Addictive Keys Studio Grand.

Listed under demos - no time limit, so it never expires. It is a cut-down version of the full instrument that's  limited to 4 octaves (perfect for 49 key controllers), and limited to 3 microphone perspectives, but should be OK if you are not a serious pianist (lacks 88 keys).  https://www.xlnaudio.com/demos

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jude77 said:

This is a very good list.  Here's a description of one piano.  I wonder if the developer used Google translate?

"Keyzone Classic is another straightforward and free piano VST that is likewise exceptionally appraised. Included in a straightforward manner, you’ll alter assault, rot, maintain, and a predetermined number of different settings. This assists with keeping the interface basic while as yet holding some measure of sound molding capacity.

Notwithstanding having an incredible interface and astounding sounds, Keyzone Classic will likewise keep running on both macOS and Windows."

After that description I HAD to download it!

Hahaha

As soon as you mentioned translate I knew exactly what page that would be. I remember reading it like "assault? Rot¿!? Main... oh Ha Ha"

Brilliant. Been tempted to start referring to them using these terms since.