Metronome Being Recorded in Audio

T on Y

23 hours ago, David Baay said:

Acoustic bleed is the most likely explanation but there are audio interfaces with poor separation of I/O signal paths in their analog  setions that can cause this as well, especially with the high-energy transients of a metronome click.

Like USB mikes. The OP has not stated any clue to what gear they are actually using so we are left guessing about the issue 

On 9/7/2022 at 6:34 AM, Sal Sorice said:

I had this happen to me and it was because I had my headphones on and microphone plugged in. The metronome click (during recording of the mic) was bleeding through the headphones and getting picked up by the mic...

Highly recommend Vic Firth isolation headphones for vocals tracking. No click bleed, whatsover.

Thanks for the replies guys

Its not headphone bleed.. Im just recording a Sire S7 S type guitar at present... the mic dosent even have phantom power on and so cant be active

I'm using a focusrite  2i2 (2nd gen) and CbyB is 2021.09 build 145 

Edited by T on Y

On 9/7/2022 at 2:27 AM, T on Y said:

Greetings.

The title says it all ..

Its very low  in volume and wasnt noticeable till I soloed the track and listened to the the Lead in to the track

Not sure how thats even possible ??

Any suggestions

Thanks 

Hey T on Y!

I get that same thing in Sonar 8.5, especially when I solo my voice. I wonder if that's due to "bleed". Sometimes it drives me crazy! As I am sight challenged, I wonder if there is a way to fix that. Perhaps there's a plugin out there that lets you eliminate the metronome click noise in a recording.

Basically I have never noticed it and I’ve used a Scarlett 1gen 6i6 since 2014. But then I rarely use the metronome once I get to the vocals or main guitar overdubs. By then I have a drum track I play too. I’m wondering if this happens at lower gain settings on the input or if it when you crank it up past 2 o clock?   I find the Focusrite gain control very sensitive and hard to adjust to avoid clipping. I tend to keep it a lot lower than my other interfaces and end up dealing with the quiet recording later. It’s about my only gripe about the interface 

5 hours ago, Cactus Music said:

I find the Focusrite gain control very sensitive and hard to adjust to avoid clipping.

They actually fixed that for the Gen.2 onward, which definitely made recording DI guitars much easier, especially if you use hot pickups like most artists I record do!

• Like 1