Komplete 14 Pre-order (early access?)

kevin H

19 minutes ago, simon said:

those vouchers only work on a subset of the PA plugins - all the new/high value ones are excluded

Thanks. I also just found that out too by seeing what I could get.

I think the only plugin I'm interested in at the moment is Needle Point, which isn't available with the voucher yet. The intro price isn't too bad, but I think I might hold out a little longer. I don't use vinyl plugins that often and I've already got a few.

• Like 1

https://www.amazona.de/leak-native-instruments-kontakt-7-kommt-bald-ein-komplete-14-update/

there it says:

7.0.0 — 2022-08-17
New HiDPI Browser, Factory Library 2 (first HiDPI content), new effects.
ADDED Fullscreen HiDPI Browser featuring global text search; filter by tag, brand and properties (editable for user-created content), favourite presets for quick access, and import non-player libraries
FIXED Kontakt is HiDPI compatible – correctly sized on high resolution displays
ADDED Two new effects – Psyche Delay and Ring Modulator
CHANGED Locate Libraries has been changed to Manage Libraries and redirects to Native Access
IMPROVED Octave numbers are now shown on the virtual keyboard
IMPROVED Help text now extends to the width of the rack
FIXED Tape Saturator would cut out the signal with sample rates above 192khz
FIXED Output section batch creation would create surround channels instead of stereo
FIXED Edit all buses did not apply to all send effects parameters
FIXED Kontakt would crash when attempting to display special characters
FIXED Kontakt would crash when forcing Wavetable parameters out of range via KSP
FIXED Banks did not have a default file name
FIXED Collection of minor GUI fixes
IMPROVED New empty groups can now also be created from the expert tab context menu
FIXED Group output was not saved in snapshots
FIXED Help tags would be stuck when overlaying controls
IMPROVED Maximum number of declared user zones has been increased to 1024
IMPROVED Empty user zones can now be hidden in the Mapping Editor
FIXED When using auto map in the Mapping Editor Kontakt would not interpret numerical tokens starting with zero
FIXED Zone auto mapping numeric value to single key would not set the root note
IMPROVED Save with absolute sample paths is now off by default and not persistent
IMPROVED Script errors and warnings are now more informative and consistent
IMPROVED KSP Added a getter for $EVENT_PAR_MOD_VALUE_ID
IMPROVED KSP ui_mouse_area now responds to control parameters for Control, Alt and Shift keyboard modifiers
FIXED An issue where Reaper creates mono instead of stereo channels for Kontakt multi outputs
FIXED A crash with Cubase using certain 3rd party libraries

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Peter Hintze said:

FIXED Kontakt is HiDPI compatible – correctly sized on high resolution displays

Will wait for user feedback on the street as to how this applies to standard HD displays (1920x1024+), that are not 4k or above. Kontakt is still rather tiny even on HD displays.

• Like 1

I'm writing this as a marketing pro, but I suspect NI could move a lot more KOMPLETE 13 users by cutting one of the newly included libraries and instead providing buyers with a voucher good for a library of the same value of their choice, the rationale being that the included libraries are very genre specific. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

48 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm writing this as a marketing pro, but I suspect NI could move a lot more KOMPLETE 13 users by cutting one of the newly included libraries and instead providing buyers with a voucher good for a library of the same value of their choice, the rationale being that the included libraries are very genre specific. 

I suspect NI could move a lot more KOMPLETE 13 users by being much more realistic on upgrade pricing :)

£449 is a great deal if you are upgrading from KOMPLETE 8,  Lots of new libraries and plugins included since then...... but for K13 users....very little useful new stuff IMO.

NI do the same strategy every release so they must feel it's working for them, but this year, when money is tight, I think it might be ineffective.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, simon said:

I suspect NI could move a lot more KOMPLETE 13 users by being much more realistic on upgrade pricing :)

£449 is a great deal if you are upgrading from KOMPLETE 8,  Lots of new libraries and plugins included since then...... but for K13 users....very little useful new stuff IMO.

NI do the same strategy every release so they must feel it's working for them, but this year, when money is tight, I think it might be ineffective.

I personally think that for the amount of new stuff included on each new release, it’s hard to find a better bang for buck pricing. Many developers sells one library for that price.

5 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I personally think that for the amount of new stuff included on each new release, it’s hard to find a better bang for buck pricing. Many developers sells one library for that price.

Indeed, and for me personally the newly added stuff is very interesting. So much so that I'm contemplating upgrading from Ultimate to Ultimate CE. But not full price, waiting for a sale.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Indeed, and for me personally the newly added stuff is very interesting. So much so that I'm contemplating upgrading from Ultimate to Ultimate CE. But not full price, waiting for a sale.

I did that last time - and the upgrade was 50% off in the summer sale (nearly 12 months after launch :( )   It was definitely worth it for me that time as I got lots of excellent new stuff.

2 minutes ago, simon said:

I did that last time - and the upgrade was 50% off in the summer sale (nearly 12 months after launch :( )   It was definitely worth it for me that time as I got lots of excellent new stuff.

I always go that route with NI. I wait a year for a sale. But I think last time they had a winter sale comparable to their summer sale, so I might have gotten that one? Have to check my Excel sheet.

22 hours ago, simon said:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/komplete-14/

UK update price from K13CE is £449 - but if you look at the new stuff get in K14CE it's really NOT very compelling.  In fact pretty poor.

I'm going to pass I think - maybe when it's 50% in 12 months ?

release date 27th Sept.

Kind of like every release after the K9U license I bought. I purchased the upgrade to Kontakt 6, but never purchased a Komplete update, and have no plans to this time either. I will buy the upgrade to Kontakt 7. The VIs from K9U that I use, except for Kontakt 6, are still on the same major version number and update via Native Access no problem. No Komplete update required.

that_s_all_folks_space_jam_by_toon1990_d

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

I didn't notice that there is a new choir library made by Strezov, CHOIR:OMNIA, with polyphonic true legato, a syllabuilder engine, and 5 mics.

Per Strezov it is all new recordings.  No word yet on what it would cost outside of CE.   Requires the free Kontakt 7 player.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/cinematic/choir-omnia/

This is another reason for composers to get the Collector's Edition.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

Looks like there will be a new Kontakt factory library, probably about time, but I have plenty of options for "bread and butter" sounds so this is unlikley  to tip the scales for me.

I wonder if Kontakt 7 player will sit along side Kontakt 6, that could be handy at some stage if one wanted a new player library that need 7.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

On 9/8/2022 at 9:49 AM, Nick Blanc said:

I always go that route with NI. I wait a year for a sale. But I think last time they had a winter sale comparable to their summer sale, so I might have gotten that one? Have to check my Excel sheet.

Nope, started with 12U in the summer of 2020, got the 13U upgrade in june 2021. So I guess I will look at the 14CE upgrade in 2023? Must have slept a year 😝