Komplete 14 Pre-order (early access?)

kevin H

21 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Kontakt 7 is in closed Alpha right now. I wouldn't expect it until mid next  year. It'll be part of Komplete 14 like Massive X Was part of 12

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-7/

COMING IN OCTOBER 2022

For 20 years, KONTAKT has been the backbone of countless film scores and pop hits, as well as thousands of incredible instruments from NI and your favorite NKS developers alike. Now, with a new HiDPI browsing experience, an overhauled Factory Library, new creative effects, and under-the-hood audio improvements, the next evolution is nearly here.

KONTAKT 7 will launch in October 2022 and is included with KOMPLETE 14 STANDARD and above.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

KONTAKT 7 will launch in October 2022 and is included with KOMPLETE 14 STANDARD and above.

Wonder what the Kontakt 7 upgrade from Kontakt 6 will be priced at? I don't really need the Komplete 14 Standard upgrade for $199 just to get Kontakt 7.

Oof.... this is the first update to Komplete Standard in years where I don't see anything that's worth the money for me.  As someone who doesn't make dance/EDM/hip-hop, Komplete has always been dominated by things I'll never use, but the things I do use made it worthwhile - Guitar Rig, Absynth, Massive, Retro Machines, the various pianos, etc. I don't see anything in that vein this time.

Throwing in Ozone will be a nice touch for many people but I already own Ozone 8 and I'll probably get a better deal on an update direct from Izotope, especially if I also want updates to Neutron, Nectar, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Wonder what the Kontakt 7 upgrade from Kontakt 6 will be priced at? I don't really need the Komplete 14 Standard upgrade for $199 just to get Kontakt 7.

I wonder whether it's really worth to get Kontakt 7? If I look at the lean improvements from Kontakt 5 to 6, then I guess I will stay on 6. There were even things that I preferred in 5!

In general I have the feeling that recent updates of many providers are quite lame (if you do not have Apple Silicon! 😆)! A lot are not worth the memory and performance waste, nor the installation hassle! And I abstain from updating for the update's sake! 😉

11 minutes ago, marled said:

I wonder whether it's really worth to get Kontakt 7? If I look at the lean improvements from Kontakt 5 to 6, then I guess I will stay on 6. There were even things that I preferred in 5!

In general I have the feeling that recent updates of many providers are quite lame (if you do not have Apple Silicon! 😆)! A lot are not worth the memory and performance waste, nor the installation hassle! And I abstain from updating for the update's sake! 😉

I will be in if the GUI is resizable. Otherwise I will skip...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, simon said:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/komplete-14/

UK update price from K13CE is £449 - but if you look at the new stuff get in K14CE it's really NOT very compelling.  In fact pretty poor.

I'm going to pass I think - maybe when it's 50% in 12 months ?

release date 27th Sept.

I usually wait for their Summer of Sound; that is if they're still doing it

• Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I can't believe they got rid of that one.

Here is a statement from developer of Absynth regarding removal from Komplete14.   By the way I really like his Rhizomatic Plasmonic plug-in.  It’s awesome. Highly recommended.

Edited by kevin H
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, antler said:

From their version-comparison table:

image.png.3359779b6cb5def6ad5065ec1533d2dd.png

looks like they've ditched their old vouchers that many people didn't use

we don't really know what those vouchers are though - is there a 'minimum spend ' ? - are they limiting which plugs you can buy ?

the devil is in the details

• Like 3

I think the real value  is when you're upgrading from not the last version and NI are actually pretty generous when it comes to allowing the upgrade price all the way back to v2. From my v11 plus ( I've bought a few of the guitars) even allowing for the stuff that I won't even bother to install I think it's good value, but I'll still wait for the inevitable sale. 

Just now, paulo said:

I think the real value  is when you're upgrading from not the last version and NI are actually pretty generous when it comes to allowing the upgrade price all the way back to v2.

absolutely - although you could flip that around and say that they don't really reward loyal customers.....but yes the  longer you leave it the better the deal.

7 minutes ago, simon said:

we don't really know what those vouchers are though - is there a 'minimum spend ' ? - are they limiting which plugs you can buy ?

the devil is in the details

Good point.

It seems that PA have done away with their minimum spend vouchers now, and gone for an any-for-29.99 coupon.

I assumed it would be those new ones, but you never know.

4 minutes ago, simon said:

absolutely - although you could flip that around and say that they don't really reward loyal customers.....but yes the  longer you leave it the better the deal.

I like to think if it as giving all those me first, me first, standing in line waiting for the store to open at 00:01 on release day types exactly what they deserve. :)

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, antler said:

It seems that PA have done away with their minimum spend vouchers now, and gone for an any-for-29.99 coupon.

those vouchers only work on a subset of the PA plugins - all the new/high value ones are excluded

• Sad 1