RX 10 is here

Heath Row

the email they sent out on the 25th of August said:

"And, best of all, as an owner of the iZotope Everything Bundle you’ll automatically get both of these powerful updates as soon as they’re available and at no extra cost."

it's a bit dishonest to then give you a different/cheaper version as an update IMO.   I only bought the Everything Bundle for the free updates to v10..I had everything anyway.  I won't be that pleased if they were trying to be sneaky.

Izotope support are normally pretty good (slow but good), so let's see what they say

I've only ever felt the need to have Elements, and I came close to spending whatever pittance it was to upgrade to the RX9 Elements license back when they announced that 10 would be coming out. Am I glad that I held off on that. RX10 Elements eliminates the standalone audio editor, which I happen to like. 🙄

1 hour ago, simon said:

the email they sent out on the 25th of August said:

"And, best of all, as an owner of the iZotope Everything Bundle you’ll automatically get both of these powerful updates as soon as they’re available and at no extra cost."

it's a bit dishonest to then give you a different/cheaper version as an update IMO.   I only bought the Everything Bundle for the free updates to v10..I had everything anyway.  I won't be that pleased if they were trying to be sneaky.

Izotope support are normally pretty good (slow but good), so let's see what they say

Yeah, the problem is, they meant the versions within MPS 5. So yes, we will get Ozone 10 Advanced but only RX 10 Standard. I hope since some of us bought the everything bundle pretty recently (less than 3 months ago), Izotope will be king enough to make us whole ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Souterrain said:

Yeah, the problem is, they meant the versions within MPS 5. So yes, we will get Ozone 10 Advanced but only RX 10 Standard. I hope since some of us bought the everything bundle pretty recently (less than 3 months ago), Izotope will be king enough to make us whole ;)

possibly ? and yes you could read it as that - but those who had bought MPS 5 got an similar email saying "good news, as an owner of MPS 5...etc"

if "Everything Bundle" customers were not going to get an equivalent v10 of the products they bought then they should have been much more explicit in the terms and conditions AND in the email they sent to confirm.

the whole izotope bundle products are a real mess IMO - you still end up with lots of different product iLok codes - and being offered discounts on products you already own.   

Komplete 14 includes ozone v10 (standard?) so this whole situation is just going to get worse.

• Like 2

I can't even log into my izotope account to check me status.  It keeps returning me to "enter your email".

No, wait....

There we go!

It shows I have the "full trial" version of RX10 Standard. What does "full trial" even mean? It shouldn't be a trial if I bought MPS 5, right?

Edited by fret_man

19 minutes ago, fret_man said:

I can't even log into my izotope account to check me status.  It keeps returning me to "enter your email".

No, wait....

There we go!

It shows I have the "full trial" version of RX10 Standard. What does "full trial" even mean? It shouldn't be a trial if I bought MPS 5, right?

Mine said the same 'full trial.'  Once I installed it through the Portal, and just a click or two later, it was automatically authorized.  

I also purchased the Everything bundle and have been given the RX 10 Standard as well. I assumed that I would be getting the advanced version.  After reading the small print in the email that I received from iZotope, it basically says that I should receive the Advanced version.

Here's what it says, "*If you bought RX 9 Standard you will receive RX 10 Standard FREE; If you bought RX 9 Advanced you will receive RX 10 Advanced FREE; If you bought RX Post Production Suite 6 you will receive RX Post Production Suite 7 FREE; If you bought iZotope Everything Bundle you will receive a FREE upgrade to RX 10 Advanced."

Guess I'll have to hit up support and see if they can fix this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, burtles101 said:

I also purchased the Everything bundle and have been given the RX 10 Standard as well. I assumed that I would be getting the advanced version.  After reading the small print in the email that I received from iZotope, it basically says that I should receive the Advanced version.

Here's what it says, "*If you bought RX 9 Standard you will receive RX 10 Standard FREE; If you bought RX 9 Advanced you will receive RX 10 Advanced FREE; If you bought RX Post Production Suite 6 you will receive RX Post Production Suite 7 FREE; If you bought iZotope Everything Bundle you will receive a FREE upgrade to RX 10 Advanced."

Guess I'll have to hit up support and see if they can fix this.

That'S interesting, what email was that? Can't seem to find it.

7 hours ago, Souterrain said:

That'S interesting, what email was that? Can't seem to find it.

It was the first email that I received from them earlier this morning. Here's a link to the online version of what was in the email.

http://m.news.izotope.com/rest/head/mirrorPage/@LHoILiLWEpyRjoXgqb__wJtdkiKxQ0F9PJqgjvB8DTlpPr2IxV43MU0BX8BnBqyV_-4-pviVUZvm2PZ7A6gidXpdnPbTXaFYzPtw8NwFz5gzjIKX.html?deliveryName=2022.09.07RX10andOzone10LaunchRXLaunch_Fulfillment_EMAIL

However, I just received another email from them this afternoon, and the small print now says this ,"*If you bought iZotope Everything Bundle from June 1 to August 3, 2022, you will receive a FREE upgrade to RX 10 Standard as part of your license for Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition."

Here's the link for that one.

http://m.news.izotope.com/rest/head/mirrorPage/@ojdn2KskHvNm0BnHk6fHb_UJvl90RYAIhxuLeBucsf1aMh9l2FFPtP48i-V3fcEUDknlfCQbZ8dCIzLzePsRXyvsiEsuAVJuJf5-8Hp1VqxMxDa0.html?deliveryName=2022.09.07RX10andOzone10LaunchRXLaunch_FulfillmentEBRedo_EMAIL

This is such a trash move on their part. They should have stated this upfront, unless they did and I missed it somehow.

UPDATE!

Okay, so I went back and found the email that originally spoke about the free upgrades, and it was in reference to the Music Production Suite 5 Universal Edition and not the Everything bundle.

So I guess that technically the upgrade for RX would be for the Standard version in this case and not Advanced. So as was mentioned in the email, those that bought it in between June 1st and August 3rd will receive the upgrade based upon MPS5 and not the Everything bundle.

Okay, I guess I stand corrected on this matter.

Edited by burtles101
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, burtles101 said:

This is such a trash move on their part. They should have stated this upfront, unless they did and I missed it somehow.

a very trash move - let's see what customer support say.   In my experience it's been pretty good so hopefully they will do the right thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1