how to assign measures to imported audio

rxtr5

Question

I have imported an audio track, and I would like to assign measures to it's existing beat so that I can add midi tracks with the same timing.  Is there a function in Cakewalk that facilitates this? I am searching through tutorials on here and youtube. Can anyone help?

3 answers to this question

It depends on material but what works most times is drag and drop the audio track to the timeline. Melodyne option box will open and choose percussive . 
You can open the tempo map to see what results. 
The next step to make it musically line up with the measure is turn on Ripple Edit and drag the audio track so it’s lined up with the second measure downbeat. This way the tempo map will follow the audio. Make sure turn off ripple editing when done. 
I think I demonstrate this in Tutorial #23 

Edited by Cactus Music
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 8:31 PM, rxtr5 said:

I have imported an audio track, and I would like to assign measures to it's existing beat so that I can add midi tracks with the same timing.  Is there a function in Cakewalk that facilitates this? I am searching through tutorials on here and youtube. Can anyone help?

Yep. Locate the signature key change box in the control panel. It should read as 4/4. By clicking on it, will open a little pop up window where you can adjust any measure to a time signature of your choice. In line with this would be to change your snap setting to triplets or dot notes too for perfect timing.