Studiorack now host non Waves VST3 - FREE

satya

3 hours ago, heath row said:

There is a way around it, I've seen it in action. But personally I don't and never have had a problem with it the way it is, I prefer not to mess around with things and let them be the way they were meant to be.

Can you explain how to or provide a link for this other way

5 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Let me guess "free" but they only give you a single authorization and it also is part of the dreaded waves shell vst scans?  Or did they make this product an exception so it would be worth dealing with?

I'm not sure anything makes Waves worth dealing with 🤣

• Like 1

I had StudioRack v12 and added  StudioRack v13 when it came out.  Until now, I had left them uninstalled.  I just upgraded both of them so now I have two StudioRack v14 licenses.

Anyhow, glad to have the capability to host third party VST3 plugins.  Looking forward to prototyping some FX chains in Gig Performer and then saving them for use in Studio One.

Edited by ALC

8 hours ago, ALC said:

Anyhow, glad to have the capability to host third party VST3 plugins.  Looking forward to prototyping some FX chains in Gig Performer and then saving them for use in Studio One.

This 3rd party plugin capability is apparently a game changer!

I have successfully tried several mega FX plugins in Studiorack 14 and they loaded OK. Such as Kilohearts Snap Heap, NI Guitar Rig 6, IK MixBox, IK Amplitube 5 (not all running concurrently). But you can now set up these types of plugins in a single FX chain of your choice, along with the addition of other FX plugins as needed, and save them in one preset!

Of course you could setup any plugins and route them as needed in most DAW projects, but these Studiorack presets would be portable between any projects or DAW that you have Studiorack plugin installed in, and accessible with just a click. :)

And when using Studio One, the Studiorack seems to be load balanced and well behaved with several plugins active, as I do not see a single CPU core doing all of the work.

• Thanks 2