Studiorack now host non Waves VST3 - FREE

satya

https://youtu.be/FK0HRDOoDC0

September 6, 2022

New Update - StudioRack v14.2.52.174 can now host non-Waves VST3 plugins from any manufacturer. Now you can create and save complete chains, assign plugins to macros, turn any plugin into a multiband tool, and create instant parallel chain splits, with all your Waves plugins as well as your non-Waves VST3 plugins.

Edited by satyabrata satapathy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Be nice if it would also host VST2s, but can't complain. Especially at this price. 

Obsoletes a *lot* of things, I imagine. For example, Blue Cat's MB-7 - which gave you up to 7 bands of separate 3rd-party effects chains for $129. This does up to 5 bands, for free. 

And easy parallel-ification of effects, without cluttering up the console with a mess of aux tracks.

Ironically, this is something I would have happily spent $29 for!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

And easy parallel-ification of effects, without cluttering up the console with a mess of aux tracks.

Studio One can do that for you out of the box, that's 'cause Studio One Rox😎 

Good to see Waves give this update to Studiorack, that's 'cause Waves Rox😎😎

WUP and all !!!

Installed!!!

I previously had the old Waves only version, but never really used it. This VST3 free-for-all opens up a lot of new doors. For example right now I have the new Studiorack running plugins from Waves, plus VST3 such as IK Mixbox, IK T-RackS modules, Eventide, and Cherry.

This thing is a no-brainer!!! :)

The CPU use of Studiorack with these 5 plugins inserted is at about 5% here. Tossed it  onto an Arturia B3 V track which uses about 5% itself. Not bad!

• Waves CLA EchoSphere
  • IK Mixbox with 4 modules: distortion, reverb, delay, saturation
  • IK T-RackS Leslie
  • Eventide Blackhole
  • Cherry Audio Stardust 201

Definitely a space organ, LOL!!! 🤣

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, abacab said:

Installed!!!

I previously had the old Waves only version, but never really used it. This VST3 free for all opens up a lot of new doors. For example right now I have the new Studiorack running plugins from Waves, plus VST3 such as IK Mixbox, IK T-RackS modules, Eventide.

This thing is a no-brainer!!! :)

I’ll “buy” into your argument!

• Like 2

i don't have unify, and there are some other tools which could do this somewhat. i like the frequency split to do things like high-low treatments. in PC, you can create PC effects which have the macro functionality for grouping controls etc.

image.png.df5d6f4521244c08724c92e6920b5816.png

like stacking a pair of PC FX chains and setting an EQ high and in the other EQ low. followed by whatever effects.

image.thumb.png.126a4b14df4dca2d847143354526d8ce.png

Edited by Glenn Stanton

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Assuming you already have Unify, does this do anything that Unify can't do?

I think Studiorack would be an easier way to do a signal processing chain in any host. I love Unify as an instrument host, but I would never consider using it as just an FX chain.

And as Doug pointed out, the frequency splits...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Let me guess "free" but they only give you a single authorization and it also is part of the dreaded waves shell vst scans?  Or did they make this product an exception so it would be worth dealing with?

You can easily click for a free 2nd license. I did, and now have 2 of them in my account. This still uses the Waves shell, and as far as I know there is no way around that with Waves plugins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1