Waves plug-ins slow to load

Will.

1 hour ago, Will. said:

Just installed three waves plugins and they seem to be loading three times longer in this version than in did in the previous version. 

Some time ago I had problems with slow loading of Waves plugins and, if I remember correctly, I received a suggestion that for faster PACE should always be running.

I did that and it fixed the lag.

I don't know if that could be it. Perhaps a more updated version of PACE.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Some time ago I had problems with slow loading of Waves plugins and, if I remember correctly, I received a suggestion that for faster PACE should always be running.

I did that and it fixed the lag.

I don't know if that could be it. Perhaps a more updated version of PACE.

They load in less than a second in PT - on windows 10. 

Besides, I dont see how the load speed  can be related to PACE.  

there are several plugin bits that need to load as services - such as the Wave Local Server. so, if you don't have those start up with the OS, then you can see a brief delay while they activate, but as noted, once those are services are loaded, the plugin loading is pretty fast. since my DAW uses iLok and Waves, i keep those related services set to automatically start. so my Slate, Waves, and other iLok depedent plugins load quickly.

• Like 2

Waves don't use iLok and haven't for quite a few years. They load nearly instantly for me even in Native mode ie when not using my Waves Soundgrid Server.

Simply to say that it’s not a universal problem - rather more likely that it is something to do with your use case.

Edited by Michael Vogel (MUDGEL)
Added information
  • Like 1