iZotope: Iris 2 Synth $10 (93% Off) at Plugin Boutique

MusicMan

iZotope: Iris 2 Synth $10 (93% Off) at Plugin Boutique

• Create and discover musical sounds that have never been heard before. An inspiring sample-based synthesizer, Iris 2 is immediately playable—combining the power of a sampler, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the fun of spectral filtering. 
  • Get started fast by selecting from hundreds of expertly crafted Bass, Keys, Leads, Pads, and Rhythmic patches. Then customize or build your own patches with an 11 GB factory library of intriguing audio samples, a modern modulation system, classic filters, evocative effects, and more. Explore a new world of musical possibilities with Iris 2.
  • Iris is an innovative, sample-based synthesizer that empowers you to create musical sounds like never before. Start by layering up to four distinctive audio samples, then use the spectrogram display and selection tools to spotlight the most interesting spectral characteristics.
  • Still hungry for more? Add attitude, dimension, and depth to your creation by applying iZotopeʼs world-class effects: chorus, reverb, delay, distortions, filters, and more. Or modulate more than one hundred parameters through a simple, single-click-and-drop assignment system.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/1303-Iris-2

• Like 2

That's a lot of synth for $10. I bought it years ago when it pushed my CPU over the limit. But on modern hardware it plays well.

Great if you are into sound design and like to work with samples. You get 4 sample layers/slots to work with and you can import your own. Just the 11GB of factory samples alone is worth $10! :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

not all samples tho ,

but i grabbed it for 5$ and then again got free, i dont know what to do

From the iZotope Iris 2 Reference Manual, page 19:

"There are multiple ways to import your own WAV or AIF samples into Iris 2, but you can
also build folders in your designated sample library location to customize the sample
organization to fit with your workflow."

Edited by abacab

I got it free, but at this price it's still a fine thing to have, for sure, but it should come with a warning not to open it up when you're "in the groove", so to speak, because many hours may pass before you remember what it was that you were actually trying to do before you opened it.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, daveiv said:

This synth is just a waste of space, bandwidth, and carbon emission. I'd better spend that $10 on a dozen of kazoos.

Then apparently you don't really understand synths yet, grasshopper... 😉

This is a great pad machine, perfect for ambient soundscapes or soundtracks. Pair it with Biotek 2 for $24 and you will be unstoppable!

But if you are looking for modern VA or wavetable tools, best to look elsewhere. It's only a waste if you have no use for this type of synthesis.

3 minutes ago, abacab said:

Then apparently you don't really understand synths yet, grasshopper... 😉

This is a great pad machine, perfect for ambient soundscapes or soundtracks. Pair it with Biotek 2 for $24 and you will be unstoppable!

But if you are looking for modern VA or wavetable tools, best to look elsewhere. It's only a waste if you have no use for this type of synthesis.

Jus' sayin' :P

Just now, daveiv said:

Jus' sayin' :P

Just saying that if you would share what type of music you are into making,  we could gently steer you towards things that may be of interest!

Deals get posted here that may appeal to some, and be hated by others. But a deals still a deal, even though it may not appeal to everyone.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Just saying that if you would share what type of music you are into making,  we could gently steer you towards things that may be of interest!

Deals get posted here that may appeal to some, and be hated by others. But a deals still a deal, even though it may not appeal to everyone.

Ain't doin nutn but providing an honest feedback according to my experience with it. That's why we're sharing deals on a message board. Plugin Boutique already lists deals, but no product over there has less than four stars out of five.

Your wallet loves me. 💰💰💰

Edited by daveiv
Fame is like caviar, you know - it's good to have caviar but not when you have it at every meal.

2 hours ago, daveiv said:

Plugin Boutique already lists deals, but no product over there has less than four stars out of five.

Yeah, you can't really take their ratings seriously, or their "discounts" for that matter, but they're not alone in that.

When making any purchasing decision, all I ever consider is...." is that thing worth the current price to me" and then I act accordingly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daveiv said:

Ain't doin nutn but providing an honest feedback according to my experience with it. That's why we're sharing deals on a message board.

It would be more helpful if you told us why you feel this way. It is hard to tell if you are just being an ***** or actually have something constructive to share. If you have had a bad experience with it, it would be useful to know what it was you hated about it. Just saying it is a waste of space is meaningless without context.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

6 hours ago, daveiv said:

This synth is just a waste of space, bandwidth, and carbon emission. I'd better spend that $10 on a dozen of kazoos.

It is a large install for sure and I was pretty surprised at that when I first got it, but when you consider all the samples it comes with, that you can reshape into anything you want it makes sense.

My main criticism of this synth is it can be a little heavier on the CPU, but that's become less of an issue as CPUs have gotten faster.

In terms of sound, you can get some insanely good sounds out of this thing. If it can't make the sound, it's not the synth! Hell you could probably program a good sounding 12 layer Kazoo out of it 🤣

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, daveiv said:

The metal ones from  Eden NY?  Please PM info on where to get a dozen for $10.  I've gotten some of the plastic garbage kazoos that seem to be sold as party favors, and I'd take the real ones over those any day!!!

24 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Iris 2 is a great synth with lots of interesting sounds. Totally worth $10. Paid $50 myself and even at that price it was a no-brainer. 

A very similar story here. Of course, every instrument's value is subject to our personal taste, but for me, who bought this synth a couple of years ago, $10USD for a synth of this quality is a no-brainer. To David, it's completely reasonable that you have a different opinion,  but to Doug's point, it would be more valuable to get your thoughts on why you have such a strong dislike of the synth. Do you dislike the patches, how it runs,  etc.? I'd suggest that anyone even mildly interested should check out the videos and audio demos. If you like what you hear, it's a good quality synth and Izotope makes very good plugins and has solid support in my experience. I've been a customer many years and would recommend them. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1