Update The Reference Guide PDF File

Jim Fogle

Greetings Cakewalk by Bandlab pdf Reference Guide documentation writers.  The current revision number of the CbB Reference Guide pdf file is Version 27.12.00.  If memory serves me that means the guide is describing Cakewalk as it existed in December, 2021.  There have been multiple updates to the program since December, 2021.

Please update the guide to reflect the most current release.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Jim Fogle
clarify request is about the pdf file

23 hours ago, Jim Fogle said:

Greetings Cakewalk by Bandlab Reference Guide documentation writers.  The current revision number of the CbB Reference Guide is Version 27.12.00.  If memory serves me that means the guide is describing Cakewalk as it existed in December, 2021.  There have been multiple updates to the program since December, 2021.

Please update the guide to reflect the most current release.

Thank you in advance.

Download the offline documentation. It's on version 28.06. I got mine with the new install of Cakewalk. Which can be easily accessed through the Help tab. 

FWIW: I just looked up my reference guide which I downloaded earlier this year.

It reads:

Copyright © 2022. 

Edited by Will.

Just an FYI: The most recent pdf version of the Cakewalk Reference Guide I have from May 27, 2022 is copyrighted 2022 and is marked 27.12.00. 

My CbB is 2022.06 build 34.  Help > Documentation shows "28.06.0 Build." At the bottom there is a link to a pdf.  That is the 27.12.00 pdf.

Both the pdf I downloaded on May 27th and the one I downloaded today are the exact same size.  I did not yet do a binary comparison to see if they are identical.  Maybe someone else has the motivation to do that?  See UPDATE below.

Neither have I done I have not done a word-for-word comparison of the Help > Documentation document and either of the pdfs.  I suppose if someone wanted to, they could look up the newest features as reported in June and compare the write ups.  

UPDATE:

E:\CbB>fc 1.pdf 2.pdf /b
Comparing files 1.pdf and 2.PDF
FC: no differences encountered

1.pdf is the one from May 27, 2022. 2.pdf is the one from today.

Edited by User 905133
Update: reported on pdf binary comparison and adjusted wording to reflect the comparison
  • Like 1

They may be reverting to the historical update schedule used when SONAR was active.

The local help and User Reference PDF are reformatted snapshots of the web-based documentation.

The web-based help received updates between releases and with every major release.

The local help (re-introduced with 2022.06) was synced to the web-based help every major release.

The User Reference PDF was updated less frequently often skipping several releases between updates.

Something that has not happened since the introduction of CbB is the integration of the "What's New" section into the main body of the documentation.

Prior to SONAR Artist/Professional/Platinum series, this was done with every new product release (ex. X1 to X2).

During the SONAR Artist/Professional/Platinum era, it would happen every year or so.

Now that all three documentation formats are back, it may be time for integrating "What's New."

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 9/4/2022 at 4:08 PM, Glenn Stanton said:

is this the PDF reference guide, or the help web site? one thing i noticed is the help pages site does not like HTTPS, and when i click on links from the forum or elsewhere i have to reset it to HTTP in order to see images.

@Glenn Stanton, the PDF file.  I'm sorry that was not clear in my initial post.  I will update the post to clarify.  Thank you for asking the question.

7 hours ago, Will. said:

Download the offline documentation. It's on version 28.06. I got mine with the new install of Cakewalk. Which can be easily accessed through the Help tab. 

FWIW: I just looked up my reference guide which I downloaded earlier this year.

It reads:

Copyright © 2022. 

@Will, Thanks for your suggestion.  I have downloaded the offline documentation but that is a different file from the Reference Guide pdf file that can be downloaded by going to the top of any webpage, clicking on the "Cakewalk by Bandlab" tab and selecting the "Reference Guide PDF" selection.  I put the pdf file onto a tablet for off computer viewing.

The downloaded Reference Guide pdf file also has a 2022 copyright notice but shows it is referencing revision 27.12.00.  I suspect the discrepancy between the copyright and revision number is the pdf file was released for publication early in 2022.