import mono audio track

jonathan boose

I can't seem to import a mono track without it being turned into stereo. 

It sounds fine and I can pan it hard left, as intended, but it's just annoying to see the twin wave files. 

I had accidentally cut the end off of it (sigh) and went to yesterday's save of the project to get an intact part. Exported the audio track (see pic) to my desktop and imported it to a project.

guitar track.jpg

30 minutes ago, jonathan boose said:

It sounds fine and I can pan it hard left, as intended, but it's just annoying to see the twin wave files. 

I had accidentally cut the end off of it (sigh) and went to yesterday's save of the project to get an intact part. Exported the audio track (see pic) to my desktop and imported it to a project.

guitar track.jpg

As long as your wave file is in mono and plays down the middle . . . you're in mono. 

32 minutes ago, jonathan boose said:

guitar track.jpg

The screenshot you've posted is a mono clip.

Not sure what you are doing but I have never had a mono track become stereo when drag and drop from browser to the track pane. I do this a lot. Are you sure you exported as a mono file? 

And if you cut the end of clip off you can retrieve it by slip editing the end. Just grab the end and drag it to the left. Cakewalk keeps the original audio as one file in the project audio folder. All the editing is just referenced to that track. But if you use save as it will only copy what was present at that time. 

Edited by Cactus Music

1 minute ago, Cactus Music said:

Not sure what you are doing but I have never had a mono track become stereo when drag and drop from browser to the track pane. I do this a lot. Are you sure you exported as a mono file? 

And if you cut the end of clip off you can retrieve it by slip editing the end. Just grab the end and drag it to the left. 

I don't see an option for exporting a mono file as a stereo file. I changed the master bus to 'mono' just to be sure, but I exported it as 'tracks'. I'll look into slip editing. I assumed if you deleted part of a track and saved the project, it was gone.

757700914_guitartrack2.thumb.jpg.3ca422d977206ddd26b52a7d56792bd3.jpg

guitar track.jpg

I didn't see anything in the documentation about clip editing that indicated that you could restore something with clip editing that you deleted with the erase tool. I accidentally erased the end of the track while I was erasing the end of an adajacent track.

Edited by jonathan boose

21 hours ago, jonathan boose said:

went to yesterday's save of the project to get an intact part. Exported the audio track...

You probably exported in stereo format. Importing directly from the project's audio folder is quicker and will ensure you get the original raw (and mono) recording.