A Really Nice Deep Sampled Wurli Library with a Free Player for Only $5 USD

PavlovsCat

After months of contemplation, I picked up SoundPaint's Wurli library last night. I had a chance to play it today and I really like it. IMO, it's a no-brainer for the $20 USD I paid. It has plenty of presets that cover the rock/R&B/blues sound I'm after but also some more unusual presets that I could also imagine using. I'd easily recommend it. And if you've never bought anything from SoundPaint before, a link popped up after my purchase that is a referral link where anyone that uses who has never purchased from SoundPaint before gets $15 USD off (and I get a $15 USD credit) on any library, not just the Wurli, so you can get the Wurli for $5 USD. This is the link (it expires on Oct 2, 2022): http://soundpaint.refr.cc/peterdelegge 

Here's a direct link to the library. Even if you can't get the $15 USD off to get this for $5USD. If you love the sound of the Wurlitzer electric piano, this is well worth having for only $20 USD. I'm not aware of another Wurli library this good for anywhere near the price. 

UPDATE: If you've already purchased from SoundPaint,  you can use this code for a 15% off discount: THANKYOU15
https://soundpaint.com/products/1972-wurlitzer-electric-piano?variant=41456776970411

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is by no means impressive. I'm a guy who stopped playing music professionally 23 years ago due to severe tendonitis in both wrists that just started trying to play again for short periods of time last year.  But I was playing around with Guitar Rig's Octaver effect on Orange Tree Samples Evolution Hollowbody Electric Guitar and used the SoundPaint's Wurli library for the badly played electric piano solos. It's all just sloppy first takes, but I thought the sounds are cool if anyone is in love with the sound of the Wurli -- or for that matter also loves the sound of an Octaver on the guitar. 

Edited by Peter Woods

5 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

No AAX? Kontakt version is $98 from 8dio?

Not sure I want to go with the SoundPaint engine, but $5 versus $98 . . .

I just started making my own presets in SoundPaint today and it opened up a whole new world to me.  I also PMed Greg Schlaepfer (Orange Tree Samples CEO) and told him that he has to make an octaver preset for the Evolution HollowBody. The octaver effect sounds soooo good on that guitar.  

Edited by Peter Woods

1 hour ago, Peter Woods said:

I also PMed Greg Schlaepfer (Orange Tree Samples CEO) and told him that he has to make an octaver preset for the Evolution HollowBody. The octaver effect sounds soooo good on that guitar.  

@GregSchlaepfer : I second this, as well as join the many others in requesting  Wurli counterpart to the Rhodes. 100% would purchase!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

@GregSchlaepfer : I second this, as well as join the many others in requesting  Wurli counterpart to the Rhodes. 100% would purchase!

Oh yeah, I have definitely put in my request for an Orange Tree Samples Wurli library. The Famous E is fantastic and considering that the Wurlitzer electric piano is my favorite electric piano, I would be in heaven if OTS did a Wurli library that was at that level. Of course, by that point, I will probably have collected a dozen other Wurli libraries. I think I'm presently up to at least six, but not one is anywhere near the level of The Famous E. 

On 9/3/2022 at 3:06 PM, Peter Woods said:

After months of contemplation, I picked up SoundPaint's Wurli library last night. I had a chance to play it today and I really like it. IMO, it's a no-brainer for the $20 USD I paid. It has plenty of presets that cover the rock/R&B/blues sound I'm after but also some more unusual presets that I could also imagine using. I'd easily recommend it.

Soundpaint sent me a thank you coupon for 15% off anything, so I used it to grab the 1972 Wurli yesterday for $17. Nice!

It will be interesting to see what can be achieved with it as far as the many sound design capabilities of Soundpaint offer. Layering and blending it with acoustic piano or guitar, or some of the more creative samples they offer. Fertile ground for sure! :)

If you haven't got them already, the Free Angels and Free ASMR libraries are no-brainers, as they cost nothing. I have those as well as the free 1928 Steinway and the paid 1975 Gibson Soul Guitar ($20).

https://soundpaint.com/products/free-angels

https://soundpaint.com/products/free-asmr

• Like 2

I just picked up the SoundPaint B3 organ. As the 15% discount code has been publicly shared in a VI Control thread Troels started himself,   it's  THANKYOU15. Although you can't stack discounts,  so if anyone has never purchased from SoundPaint before you can use my $15USD discount code. If you have purchased,  use the 15% off code,  which was sent to their email subscribers. 

Funny,  if anyone searches the forum,  I shared that Troels had a call with me years ago for marketing and branding advice. I really like him and think he's very talented. But I knew he couldn't hold to SoundPaint's no sales policy. That was easy to predict. 

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 1