Question about IK Modo Drums

Steve Patrick

Sorry for posting here but as per usual I figured several of you geniuses might know what the heck is going on.  It seems that after the giant group buy thingy from IK where I got everything from them I didn't already have that the new 1.5 version of Modo Drums no longer sees your kits.  From my sleuthing it looks like this is happening to many, many folks and to me as well.  I've read many of the threads at IK and it seems they still don't have a working fix for the problem they created.  Anybody here have this problem and found a way to fix it??  I started a ticket with IK a couple of weeks ago and have not heard a peep out of them yet.

Steve,

Have you gone into the IK Project Manager and clicked on Manage My Products  button,  Next, click on the Sounds tab to install the sounds for the new 1.5 drums. Also you will find other items you may have never for other products.  If it is expired, you will not be able to install it, however, for a small re-download fee, you will be able to reinstall everything.

Hey Jesse...yup I've installed the new 1.5 sounds and all the old ones as well.  Modo won't see any of them.  This is not due to IK changing the default directory path in 1.5 but to some other software problem in the new 1.5 version.  Many folks are having this issue and the only solution some have found is to unauthorize, uninstall 1.5 and reinstall 1.1.3  

I suppose I might take that route, but really this an issue IK needs to fix.  

And now it's been over two weeks and I haven't heard word one from IK except the automated response to my initial support ticket.  Sheesh.

I also picked up the 1.5 in the last GB, It installed and all my kits are seen and work -- old and new kits. Check to make sure your paths to the kits are correct and also, try to launch product manager and refresh it. I do recall that upon first launch of ModoDrum, the old kits had a pad lock on it. But then the screen refreshed and the padlock disappeared. My guess is something refreshed in background. Good luck,