Ez drummer 2 using Midi or not?

Paul Bush

Hi Guys , I think Ive been using toontrack wrongly for a very long time.... .so when I program all the patterns in EZ for a song I just leave them there add all instruments in cakewalk tracks and then mix and master ,once again leaving the drum track to play along .. I never copy the drums patterns into the midi track . is this the best way to record or should I  always copy drums into midi ? all     comments would be welcome thanks

Working in EZD2's Song Track works just fine, until you want/need to freeze the drums.
Then you have to move the midi into a midi track.
If your computer is having no issues with the VSTi's in the project, leave the midi in EZD2.

I break EZD2/3/SD3 out into 8 tracks (in the folder DRUMS) routed to the DRUMS Buss,
and do all my mixing in CbB. But it "works" either way; personal preference.

I have projects where I've combined midi in the track and midi in the EZD Song Track.
If I'm having no latency "issues" (when I'm mixing I always max the buffers) I don't bother freezing.

HTH,

t

Just a note here, EZD3 is a significant improvement over EZD2, well worth the early discount.
Pretty sure Black Friday, or maybe some earlier discounting, will see similar pricing...
Jump in, the waters fine!

Hallo T , I must admit ive been a bit lazy as far as using the ez2 I have mixed them once with seperate tracks and using an ex buss worked really fine, on what setting do you use in the ez drummer internal  mix section ?  all faders in the middle ? .... I did have an echo problem using midi .untill I muted the ezd patterens cheers thanks for the reply paul

EZD2/3 and Superior 3, I always have the toms on one stereo track, and the Overheads are on one stereo track. Notice that they are spread across the stereo field in the EZD2 mixer. In the console view you can see I have a preset “pop rock toms” in the pro channel. I tend to gate the “ring” out on the toms. In this shot it’s not “active”; ?. This tune did have the drums “frozen” so the bounce must have sounded “right”. You can see I did work on the kick and snare post freeze.

In SD3 and EZD3 I have the ride on a separate track as well, it’s “heresy”, but all the bleed with “live” drums drives me nuts. Back in the day I was playing guitar and/or singing. I can/have track drums, but an “engineer” set up the mics and got the levels in the ballpark. Way above my pay grade. All I had to do was arm and press “R”. 🙃

Again HTH

t

• Like 1