Multiple Questions About Recording

Jman Stan

Hello everyone,

I downloaded Cakewalk awhile back and didn't get a chance to look into it more until recently. Two things have come up: I can't get the metronome to work, and I keep getting a message saying 'Activation required.'

I have the 'Metronome During Playback' and 'Metronome During Recording' buttons both clicked. There is no audible metronome though. I've tried assigning both the Audio and the MIDI Note to different channels available, but still nothing. In fact, the Metronome Settings menu pops back up when I try that. It's a huge pain.

The 'Activation required' message constantly appears in red in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, but I thought this software was supposed to be free? I don't understand why I'm receiving this message. It just started appearing recently.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

-JMS

metronomesettings.png

Edited by Jman Stan
Typographical error

Scook answered your second question.  About the metronome, clicking on the icon opens a menu.  You have to carefully go over everything.  One thing that comes up is the vol of the instruments used for clicks.  Fool around w the instruments and vol at the bottom of the menu.