My new MONO Hardware bass signal chain (updated actual pics)

Bapu

6 hours ago, Grem said:

Ok, I am following the signal to the Tech21 amp to DAW, but not getting sending a signal to a mic? Is this the mic on the Tech21 speaker cab?

No, the mic is on my bass rig speaker cab (10 inch). Sorry for the confusion.

The Tech21 Landmark only being used for its XLR out, not connected to any cabs.

The result is two distinct tracks in the DAW.  As I said, from the splitter I could also send a straight DI to a track and then also send one more to my GED 2112 module (for two more tracks). The GED 2112 is simplified "Geddy Lee" verion of the Landmark's controls.

image.png.253a37b80900a446f2b6d13914e3f942.png

6 hours ago, Grem said:

And are the two HRK modules and the Lindell modules housed in the Midas box?

Yup.

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

No, the mic is on my bass rig speaker cab (10 inch). Sorry for the confusion.

The Tech21 Landmark only being used for its XLR out, not connected to any cabs.

Oh, ok. So it is micing a speaker. That's what I figured but wasn't sure. Then that gets me on another question; What kind of amp is used on the speaker being mic'd? An Ampeg? Or something to just let you hear what your doing?

When I am recording my guitar or my bass part, I like to try and get a dry/DI signal recorded also. Just in case I want to go back. Been using the Apollo for this.

It also depends on what I am doing and how quick I want to get it recorded. Am I just getting an idea down? Or am I doing a part I fleshed out already and I am ready to commit. 

For a long time I thought I would only need a two channel audio interface. But I am starting to see the logic in getting at least a four channel. That way I could leave my guitar rig setup the way I want and leave my vocal setup like I want too. Wouldn't have to change anything. 

But I did tell my wife two or three audio interfaces ago that "This is the last one I will ever need!!" So it's gonna be a little hard to swing that 4 or 8 channel Apollo!!!  

12 hours ago, Grem said:

Ok, I am following the signal to the Tech21 amp to DAW, but not getting sending a signal to a mic? Is this the mic on the Tech21 speaker cab?

And are the two HRK modules and the Lindell modules housed in the Midas box?

Cleaned up (clarified) images.

20 hours ago, Grem said:

Oh, ok. So it is micing a speaker. That's what I figured but wasn't sure. Then that gets me on another question; What kind of amp is used on the speaker being mic'd? An Ampeg? Or something to just let you hear what your doing?

I'd love it to be an Ampeg (I doan own one 😞 ). I'll be using this bass rig:

image.thumb.png.67f3c557a74ec9978d5b2968e71608af.png

Old picture. I swapped those mics and added the MINI 47 to other 10".

The bottom of the rack is my ART SLA-2 power amp (200w per side), that amp is driven by my Alembic F-2B PreAmp or my Tech-21 NYC GED 2112. They are switchable by a hiden A/B switch.

The unit 1 up from the ART is a custom Alembic power supply that feeds the ART.  From the left is the Alembic input. Next is the Stereo Input (for my Rick 4003) and then there is the MONO jack (P-BASS eyc) that will either drive the left Alembic PreAmp Channel or both if that lone switch to the left is set to MONO (it needs to be STEREO for the Alembic and the Rick to be output the two pickups to the separate channels).

Edited by Bapu

37 minutes ago, craigb said:

Didn't realize people mic'ed bass cabs!  I thought it was all DI now.

That's why I plan to add a 3rd output from the splitter to be DI. That way if down the road I'm not happy with the amp sound, amp sims or FX Chains I can go back and re-amp the DI. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 3

• 2 weeks later...

So, the pedal board is done.
image.thumb.png.460da7627b189f07998e38e294d89212.png

The TECH-21 NYC Landmark is in the rack. The Avalon is in the rack. The Midas not in the rack, waiting on the HRK ST552 (shipped from Lodz, Poland via FedEx today).
image.thumb.png.79da90b61aaaa79aa617f4d62fae1191.png
The MINI KT47 is in front of the cab (on top in front of the my 10").

Awaiting another TRS patchbay to make some of this additional routing a bit easier to deal with.

Edited by Bapu