Symphony #12, 3rd movement

Jerry Gerber

This is a slow, brooding movement.  Scored for VSL orchestral strings, winds and brass.  The Yamaha MODX is playing the synth pad, the choir is East West Hollywood Choirs.

Here's what the choir is singing (choir doesn't enter until 3:27):

Antilogies* abound
On your world of joy and pain.
Of light and life, of darkness and death--
You make or destroy your soul by love or fear,
and govern your fate
with every choice you make.

Be the witness of living truth,
or you may become like a black hole--
where light and life cannot escape,
and who you once had been is never more.

* antilogies:  a contradiction in terms or ideas

PLAY

Jerry 

Edited by Jerry Gerber
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

I Jerry - I really liked this one, I liked the brooding, fear inducing nature to it!!

One thing, what did you use on the choir? On listening carefully, i thought i could hear a few artifacts?? only occasionally and no big deal

Cool

Nigel

Hi Nigel!

I can't tell you how much I would enjoy a better word builder.  The East West Hollywood Choirs (the one on this movement) is adequate, actually better than adequate, but since it's only a 2nd generation software program, I know there's a lot that can be improved.  There may be a few artifacts here and there, I got most of them out through careful programming, but it's not perfect.  There is nothing on the market yet to compete with this word builder and East West, I am pretty sure, has abandoned this VST software and is not upgrading it in any way.  The choir itself is recorded beautifully and the singers are wonderful.  I have grown more fond of the word builder and it really is ingenious. It does take study however, it's not an "out-of-the-box" tool that is going to create perfect results.  The Word builder uses a specialized language so to get the words to sound reasonably natural is not always intuitive.  For example the phrase "you and I love each other" might have to be programmed YoO and I luv eac! uT!er", or something like that.  The manual is good so all of this is explained in detail.

Remember, when hearing a live choir in a reverberant hall or church it's not easy to understand the words being sung unless you know them by heart or you have them written down so you can read while listening.  That's why I included the words on this recording.

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Gerber
  • Like 1

Hi Jerry

I actually have an East West Choir library and that has a word builder. I could never get it to work as I wanted it, if at all, so kudos - great job - you must have real patience!!

As I said, the artifacts are really minor and I doubt many people would even notice them!!!

Nigel