Tracktion F’em $24 at JRR plus other 24 year discounts

kevin H

36 minutes ago, wyley said:

I think my FM needs are covered between Image-Line Sytrus, Native Instruments FM8, and Dexed.

Bought Biotek 2, it's downloading now. Very excited about this one!

Ya, liking Biotek 2.  The demo videos didn’t do it justice.   Let me know if you agree.

Edited by kevin H

25 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Ya, liking Biotek 2.  The demo videos didn’t do it justice.   Let me know if you agree.

I have Biotek 2. It can make some great sounds!

Suggestion: In the preset browser select "Richard Devine" for author. He contributed something like 100 new factory presets for v2. I've got about 25 of those marked as "favorites". :)

With your browser filter engaged, you can scroll through the selected preset list by using the arrows for "Next/Previous" by the preset name at the top. If you select the instrument tab in the instrument controls you will see the preset tags & descriptions as you scroll through with the arrows. Usually there is a description of what the x/y pad controls.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, daveiv said:

Can't see what is unique about BioTek. It's several normie synths stacked together.

LOL - can't see if you don't take the time to look...
https://www.tracktion.com/products/biotek

BioTek is a beast.  
Multiple facets for creating a large variety of tones.
Looks like a tweaker dream - you could probably get lost for years just with all the sonic possibilities.

BUT having said that I am actually just a bit underwhelmed by default sample library - lots of stuff there but not really that impressed with a lot of it. 
Maybe I was just demoing the wrong patches or maybe just jaded.

If I was just starting to build my synth library I'd jump at this - it's a great price for something with a lot of possibilities.
But personally, at the moment, I've already got enough beasts in my zoo that don't get enough attention. 

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

LOL - can't see if you don't take the time to look...
https://www.tracktion.com/products/biotek

BioTek is a beast.  
Multiple facets for creating a large variety of tones.
Looks like a tweaker dream - you could probably get lost for years just with all the sonic possibilities.

BUT having said that I am actually just a bit underwhelmed by default sample library - lots of stuff there but not really that impressed with a lot of it. 
Maybe I was just demoing the wrong patches or maybe just jaded.

If I was just starting to build my synth library I'd jump at this - it's a great price for something with a lot of possibilities.
But personally, at the moment, I've already got enough beasts in my zoo that don't get enough attention. 

I don't know Steven, I even read the whole BioTek 2 documentation to find something that would justify its $200 original price tag, or $100 on sale, until this JRR thing.

If it was down to $24 from somewhere north of forty, I might be like, aight it's one cool synth. Maybe I'm just overthinking.

Maybe it has man hands?

• 2 weeks later...