Deal on iLoud Precision pairs for iLoud Micro Monitor or MTM users

Peter - IK Multimedia

"Beats sound at three times the price."

So that's $2400 pair for Precision MTM. So at 3x, we're talking superior to the Ocean Way HR4 8"s, or Pro3 7s, ATC SCM20 pros, or Genelec S360 SAM 10s, and the Focal Trio11 Be 10s. 

I'm going to say....I don't believe you're marketing people. Lol.

Edited by Carl Ewing

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

You'll believe it when you hear it and we took fair scientific measurements.  We'll have a list of places where you can hear them up soon.

Will definitely check them out. Very very curious to hear the Precious MTMs. I will buy them on the spot if they live up to the claims. Maybe they'll do a promo where you buy a pair and they throw in Total Studio. :D

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking of buying the currently $600/pair iLoud MTM's. This idea was triggered by the release of the ARC Studio. I use ARC 3 when mixing, it would be nice to run everything through ARC all the time which isn't really feasible with the plugin.

Then I realized my current amp has unbalanced inputs and I would have to figure out the correct (if possible)  connection of the ARC Studio to it.

I looked into active near fields and the MTM's look to be a very good choice.  I'm wondering if the built in ARC would be enough room correction? I've done about half the recommended acoustic treatment in the room (remaining recommendations by acoustic pro friend would involve radically changing room layout) so I have a bass bump at 100hz that ARC does a good job flattening.   

Interested in any feedback on the standard MTM's (not Precision). 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I'm thinking of buying the currently $600/pair iLoud MTM's. This idea was triggered by the release of the ARC Studio. I use ARC 3 when mixing, it would be nice to run everything through ARC all the time which isn't really feasible with the plugin.

Then I realized my current amp has unbalanced inputs and I would have to figure out the correct (if possible)  connection of the ARC Studio to it.

I looked into active near fields and the MTM's look to be a very good choice.  I'm wondering if the built in ARC would be enough room correction? I've done about half the recommended acoustic treatment in the room (remaining recommendations by acoustic pro friend would involve radically changing room layout) so I have a bass bump at 100hz that ARC does a good job flattening.   

Thanks

I have owned them for a few years and am forced to use them as my main monitors because my wife hates me. And other reasons.

In short, they're tiny little miracles. They somehow vastly outperform their size and anything you could ever realistically expect from 3“ speakers.

I downgraded from Adam A7X and am honestly not missing much. The detail, staging and midrange clarity is astounding and I imagine even if you will upgrade at some point, they would be amazing as a 2nd pair.

Obviously, even though they go down surprisingly low, you'll have to find another way to check anything below around 40 Hz. I use Slate VSX with decent results, even though my **** gets called „boomy“ quite a bit. Maybe I like boomy. Leave me alone.

Since you asked specifically, the room correction makes a very noticable difference and takes them to another level, but you have to make sure they don’t get moved even by a fraction of an inch afterwards.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

Thanks

I use MTM's too (the originals ones, not Precision.)

In short, I totally agree with @jngnz, they're freakin' awesome.   The built-in ARC is magic -  I do own the full ARC plugin but I've never felt a need to use it on the MTM because they are doing a great job on their own.  

Although I spent the my first couple of weeks with them queueing up album after album to rediscover new parts of music that I knew well, these days I kinda forget the speakers are even there - easy to do since they are absolutely not-imposing sitting on the desk (I have them mounted on tiny mic stands, which, depending on your desk setup, I would strongly recommend getting to have the tweeters at your ear level.) 

When I say I forget they are even there, I mean it in the best possible way, that is to say, they just get on with presenting whatever sound I ask them to, in glorious detail and with surprisingly low bass extension.  I don't use them particularly loud, so I can get away with leaving them on the 40hz mode.  I did try them with a Presonus subwoofer but I didn't enjoy the disconnectedness of that arrangement, and have settled for being happy with just the MTM.

Before the MTM I had the iLoud Micro, also very good speakers but the MTM are so much better at creating a phantom centre that I wouldn't go back to the Micro's.