Export question

jono grant

Hi, I'm trying to select multiple tracks and export them using "Tracks though entire mix" so that each track goes through the bus processing I have on the master bus. It goes through each track, exporting slowly because of the processing. But then, it only makes one exported track, after all that!

What am I doing wrong? I've done this before but not sure why it's not working now. It should be making multiple exports of each track I have selected.

Do I have to create a task or something? Kind of confusing. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Just now, bdickens said:

It is. You're exporting the entire mix.

"Tracks through entire mix" is supposed to act like soloing individual tracks. It should take all tracks selected, go through any processing and create a separate exported track (with processing) for each track selected. Creating multiple exported tracks.

It's going through the process of exporting each one, yet it only creates one exported track. Usually the last one in the list of selected tracks.

6 hours ago, jono grant said:

"Tracks through entire mix" is supposed to act like soloing individual tracks. It should take all tracks selected, go through any processing and create a separate exported track (with processing) for each track selected. Creating multiple exported tracks.

It's going through the process of exporting each one, yet it only creates one exported track. Usually the last one in the list of selected tracks.

It's most likely the filename you've chosen isn't resulting in a unique filename for each track,  so each exported track is overwriting the previous one, leaving only one at the end.

Make sure your filename has something that makes it identifiable such as  {trackname}  or {tracknumber} so that it'll be different for each track.

I normally use this filename for track exports:

{projectname}-{tracknumber}-{trackname}

might be a nice enhancement to have duplicate file names get an appended (###) (number incrementing) so the export doesn't "fail" (e.g. if you copy a file and paste it into the same folder, the file gets an incremented value). although if track # is included, chances are the file will be unique all other values being the same. for people using naming which results in duplicates, they would have to then do something to manage the file naming outside of th export function.

Edited by Glenn Stanton

On 8/31/2022 at 6:42 AM, msmcleod said:

It's most likely the filename you've chosen isn't resulting in a unique filename for each track,  so each exported track is overwriting the previous one, leaving only one at the end.

Make sure your filename has something that makes it identifiable such as  {trackname}  or {tracknumber} so that it'll be different for each track.

I normally use this filename for track exports:

{projectname}-{tracknumber}-{trackname}

Okay, thank you! (Yes, it kept saing something about duplicate file names. I had just physically typed the song title rather than using the tags. i'll try again