Resolution size option.

Will.

Question

I'm looking into smaller monitor resolutions. I just hooked up a copy of Cakewalk in the main Studio from my laptop and at 28 inch 4k - Yikes! Pretty sure i'll be wearing glasses running it like this. Also, because PT and Logic too have their downsides on it. 

Anyone here running Cake on: 

24/27inch 2560x1440 

or . . . 

23/24 inch 1920 x 1080

Pictures of the console view would be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. ☺

5 answers to this question

On 8/30/2022 at 2:17 PM, Will. said:

23/24 inch 1920 x 1080

I use dual 23" monitors at 1920x1280. I consider that to be just at the edge of legibility with my aging eyesballs.

This is not just for CbB, I use some older plug-ins that aren't scalable, and they're hard to see even at that resolution.

We'd all love to see vector scaling in Cakewalk, and the devs have hinted that they'd like to do it, but it ain't there yet.

There is some dusty code in Cakewalk!

22 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I use dual 23" monitors at 1920x1280. I consider that to be just at the edge of legibility with my aging eyesballs.

I think i'll try out the 24 inch at 1920x1280 

Thanks. 

22 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

There is some dusty code in Cakewalk!

Definitely is, it will get there eventually. 

Edited by Will.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:10 AM, Starship Krupa said:

monitors at 1920x1280. I consider that to be just at the edge

I finally bought that extra monitor. 24inch at 1920x1280 and you're not wrong. It is right there on the edge, yikes. 

Almost like a perfect fit. 

Edited by Will.

I use a 23" 1920x1080 monitor in my office (well 3 of them, but Cakewalk is only ever on one of them), and that's fine for me with my reading glasses on. I'm about 1 meter away.

In the studio I use a single 27" 1920x1080 monitor at just under 1.5 meters away, which is perfect.  I still have to wear my reading glasses though, as anything less than 2 meters away is a struggle without them.

I did try a 32" TV at one point, but it just felt way too big.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

In the studio I use a single 27" 1920x1080 monitor at just under 1.5 meters away, which is perfect.

I was actually thinking of buying a 27" but decided not too. It would've been big for me. 

I've hooked up CbB in the studio and at 4k on a 27" ultrawide Full HD - things were too small even at 1 meter away, though my desk is 1.5 meter in its vertical length which is a perfect distance for the sweetspot away from my monitors. 

The main studio is in my backyard. So, I just wanted an extra monitor to hook Cakewalk up in the extra room I use in the house. So the 24" monitor turned out to be a perfect fit and match for The Cake so far.