VSTBuzz: 62% off “Viola Da Gamba” by Ben Osterhouse

VSTBuzz

Viola_Da_Gamba_artwork.png?featured

Deal: 62% off "Viola Da Gamba" by Ben Osterhouse

Value: €50
Discount: 62%
Price: €19

Grab the deal now on http://www.VSTBuzz.com

“Viola Da Gamba” is a unique instrument with a full, earthy tone that differs from the violin or cello and can provide a rustic alternative to the classical string sound. It is a library that can provide unique textures and sounds for Intimate Film Scoring, TV Music and Chamber/Baroque Music!

Note: Requires the FULL Retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or later (NOT compatible with the Free Kontakt Player).

Grab the deal now on http://www.VSTBuzz.com!

• Like 3

Ben is a one-man band.  He comes up with the ideas for his libraries, plays and records the instruments, and codes it all.  I imagine he does the graphic design too.

Super nice guy too.  Simeon and I got to talk with him when we did that podcast with him.

If you like Ben's stuff this is a no-brainer.  And he is one of the very best people making libraries these days.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Ben is a one-man band.  He comes up with the ideas for his libraries, plays and records the instruments, and codes it all.  I imagine he does the graphic design too.

Super nice guy too.  Simeon and I got to talk with him when we did that podcast with him.

If you like Ben's stuff this is a no-brainer.  And he is one of the very best people making libraries these days.

I agree, it's a no-brainer.  It's under priced,  IMO. I mean, less than 20 bucks for what this delivers? Please if anyone knows more deals like this, point me to it. Still, I feel like if Larry was posting there'd be an extra discount code. (Yes, I still am struggling with missing our old friend.)

Edited by Peter Woods

15 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

What else do you guys recommend from this dev? 

I own and would recommend Sospiro Strings. If you can wait for a sale, you can save at least 30%. But even at its regular price, it's a bargain.  I'm watching for his cello library to go on sale next. I'd suggest watching this YouTuber's video below to learn more about two of Ben's libraries to figure out if they're a fit for you. The YouTuber, Corey, does the most honest and non-shilling review videos you'll find in this space. He got my attention when he called out a developer's drum library as fatally flawed and said he told the developer about the problems with the library,  but the dev refused to fix it. I know of no other YouTuber in this space that has that kind of integrity. I have nothing but respect for the guy -- this from someone who's led affiliate marketing at  a major brand, wrote about, had a major book deal that encompassed that area and has a very good handle on the mentality of YouTube reviewers (most are just shilling for free products and affiliate sales dollars, whereas the most popular ones get $$$$ up front). Corey is the antithesis of the shills. If you're a dev with a problematic or subpar library or plugin, this is the last guy you want reviewing your product. That's exactly why I'm a fan. 

The only criticism I have of Ben's libraries is that they can be heavy on your machine, so I suspect they could be better optimized.  Hopefully, at some point, that will be addressed. 

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

What else do you guys recommend from this dev? 

Without a doubt Sospiro Strings (you get seperate instruments bass,cello, viola, violin plus an ens). And I really like his early cello textures which you can pick up cheap sometimes at PB and Loot.

Edited by TracingArcs

Just an update. I bought the library and played it and it is indeed a beautiful library that is, IMO,  easily worth the full price (more than twice the current sale price). For less than $20 USD, it is the best bargain I've found all year. I will definitely be watching for Ben's upcoming sales. 

Edited by Peter Woods
  • Like 1

The price is nice. Would I use it or remember that I have it? (maybe I have it) The answer is no.   If it comes around again I may grab it, play around with it and not even create a project with it.   It's not the quality of the product but it's the quantity of stuff I have.

11 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Dang, I'm watching that Corey video for Sospiro Strings and that library sounds great plus Corey likes it and yeah I've come to trust that guy too as far as YouTube goes. I'll wait for a sale from that link above 

Yeah, was on sale a year or two ago for €16.