using ample sound p lite 2 with an electric guitar

gokseldbuga

Hi guys i am a newbie in DAW world. I want to use my electric quitar  to produce bass sounds using ample sound p lite 2.  I tried SIBASS guitar plugin as well  with no luck. Input is my soundcard which is focusrite, output is master. I can hear my guitar in daw but plugin does not work, just plain electric guitar sound.

If i load TH3 and select preset "the lead"  it works but no other plugin,

any opinions?

the ample bass plugin needs MIDI. you can drag your guitar audio to a MIDI track and it should convert. one thing i do - i apply a HP filter to remove some of the potential noise, and also a LP to remove squeaks etc. then convert (although i have Melodyne studio, if you have the basic Melodyne you should be able to convert it). once you have the MIDI you can do any cleanup on the MIDI (including any quantizing etc). then assign that as the MIDI input to the plugin. this works with SI-BASS, etc. as a note, you might need to transpose it down an octave.

1 minute ago, bdickens said:

My honest to God advice is to just get a bass.

agreed. even a "student" (30" scale or so) can be a guitarists friend as they're usually pretty easy to play and the Ibanez Mikro is decent and cheap enough.

i just got a Kala U-BASS for those times when i don't feel like pulling out my full-size P-bass.  it's a pretty cool instrument...

As others have said, it doesn't work that way. There are a couple things you can do. You can try a pitch shifter. Shift down an octave and apply a LP filter and that might get you close. Others have proposed melodyne and another option is guitar to MIDI. There are HW units that do gtr 2 MIDI as well as software. I haven't tried it, but people write about Jam Origin SW.

https://www.jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar-1/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbtR2VBVp2E

Another option is a guitar synthesizer like the boss sy-1000

sy-1000_main.jpg

thank you guys,appreciated

I live in a country that 1 turkish lira equals 18.8 USD and if you are retired as me, it is very hard to buy instruments.

I'll definitely consider buying a bass, thank you very much

edit: i checked kala u bass, it is 540 bucks :(

Edited by gokseldbuga

Cakewalk has virtual midi controller if you go to view menu you should find it listed there. I think this would work well for triggering a simple vst  bass instrument.  So you don’t have to purchase anything to try this out. There is a video on youtube I couldn’t add a link but the name is 

How to Use Virtual Midi keyboard In Cakewalk by Bandlab By audio tech tv

Is there a used market there?  Buying things used is often MUCH less expensive.

I just know that as a guitarist, I found trying to play bass guitar parts with a keyboard very unsatisfying and playing bass on guitar and pitch shifting it never felt or sounded right.

Even a low end budget instrument will get the job done.