A SONG FOR ALICE

freddy j

A couple of months ago my wife and I celebrated a rather significant marriage anniversary.  I wrote this song for her in celebration and appreciation of our life together. 

It is very stripped down and minimalist.  Only two guitars with an occasional third for a few accents.  Only one vocal with the occasional harmony.  Oh ya, it is not Blues or bluesabilly.  As this style is a bit different for me, any comments, suggestions, crit.'s would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!!

A  SONG  FOR  ALICE

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=963481

• Like 5

Hi Dream Art Scientists.  Thanks very much for listening and for your comments.  I was going for a kind of light slightly jazz like sound.  I' m glad that it came through.  Thanks again!

Hi Hidden Symmetry.  I'm very glad that you enjoyed it.  Thank you for listening, commenting, and for the anniversary congratulations  --- much appreciated!!

Hey tom.  Thanks very much -- it came from the heart.  Did you say  "... up the verb on the guitars..."  ---  you know about my addiction to reverb.  I can't ever get enough.  Seriously, thanks for the suggestion.  I always appreciate you comments.  Also, an early congratulations on your upcoming anniversary.  Not many make it to the 49 year mark.  That is quite an accomplishment.  Alice and I must have gotten married ~a couple of years before you.

Hello Old Joad.  Thanks for listening and the kind words.  BTW, I enjoyed your recent Blues post!

• Thanks 2

Hey Bjorn.  Thanks for your very kind comments.  Ya, this one was stripped down, bare and minimalist!  The point was the lyrics and I didn't want to crowd them out.  Thanks again.

Hi Mark.  Thanks for listening and your suggestion.  I do abuse verb but I am always pleased to use it.  I am going to take a look at this song again and see how I might use verb without abusing It.  Much appreciated!

Hello Nigel.  Thanks very much for the kind comments.  They are very much appreciated.  Thanks also for the congrat's.   As I get older it seems the anniversaries are coming more frequently.

Hi Lynn.  It is great to see you back on the forum.  I really enjoyed your recent post.  Thanks for your comments and the congrat's.

Hi John B.  "A ballad from Freddy" --- I guess that there is a first time for everything.  If only I could do "just about anything(lol).  Thanks for the kind words and the congrat's.

• 2 weeks later...