Plugin Alliance Sale (From $9.99) Voucher changes

MusicMan

Plugins from $9.99

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

We are improving our Cash-Back Vouchers from September on. But we have one last INSANE deal for you!

As part of our new MEGA Bundle re-launch your current $249.99, $199.99 and $99.99 PA Subscription cash-back vouchers will be replaced by codes that will let you PICK ANY 10 / 6 / 3 PLUGINS, starting in September.

We are changing the codes early as most of you told us on social media that you can't wait to use the new ANY 10 vouchers (or ANY 6 or ANY 3, depending on your subscription tier). But: we wanted to let you choose, and so we have put ALL of our plugins on sale, at CRAZY pricing, for the remainder of August.

1. You can NOW burn through any unused voucher codes that you may have, or you can wait and use the new type of vouchers in just a few days!

2. Don't have any unused cash-back vouchers? NOW is still the time to stock up on your PA perpetual licenses, as we have essentially put ALL of our plugins on sale, many at the lowest prices ever, and you can participate without vouchers as well, of course.

3. Yes, you can use your August loyalty vouchers for our campaign instead as well.

This offer expires August 31, 2022

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 2

I was hot to trot on the (intro price) $249.99 Mega Sub, but with this final sale I got the 10 (plus 2 more) plugins I was looking at by using my $75 and $25 August vouchers for just a hair over half off of that $249.99.

Here are my stats for the PA plugins line:
I already own 11 plugins originally offered by UAD so I don't need to ever buy those.
There are 23 other plugins I don't own (5 of which I have zero interest in: Dear Reality and Deskew). 

I plan to use my 4EVER29 until the end of the year (at least) to pick up 3 more specific plugins I still want. After that I may cancel it, we'll see.

16 minutes ago, Bapu said:

There are 23 other plugins I don't own (5 of which I have zero interest in: Dear Reality and Deskew). 

If you have it, do you find WEDGE FORCE Matcha any good? Would it be worth it if I already have some OTS and AmpleSound guitars?

Also does anyone know - are SPL Attacker Plus, De-Verb Plus, and Mo-Verb Plus just mini-editions of Transient Designer Plus?

39 minutes ago, antler said:

If you have it, do you find WEDGE FORCE Matcha any good? Would it be worth it if I already have some OTS and AmpleSound guitars?

Also does anyone know - are SPL Attacker Plus, De-Verb Plus, and Mo-Verb Plus just mini-editions of Transient Designer Plus?

Guitar player perspective here.  the WF Matcha I found to be worthless.  Didn't sound like a guitar at all and didn't work with amp sims anywhere close to as expected.

One of the only PA plugins I couldn't uninstall fast enough.  YMMV.

Yes, the SPL plugins are basically the same type of things as the Transient designer but stripped down into a single fuction.  

• Thanks 1

I don't know what's what with PA anymore. I was thinking of possibly signing up to their musician bundle, as the rumor (later confirmed by Dirk himself in the Facebook group) was that you'd have the option of switching from it to the mid-tier mega plan ('Mega XL'), basically saving $5/month. The info at the time was that the older subscriptions would no longer be sold once the new ones become available. Well, the new ones are here, the musician bundle is still available, and some people are grumbling about the offer they received (so maybe the upgrade is, in fact, different/unavailable) but I couldn't find any clear details. 

22 hours ago, marled said:

Interesting, the NI stuff disappeared from their page!

Also the iZotope plugs. I'm glad I got Neoverb with my first F29 coupon before that.

I also have sonible's smart reverb but it sounds too subtle sometimes. And if you crank it up it becomes too noticeable. Probably I don't know how to use it correctly yet but I find Neoverb easier to tweak.

13 hours ago, antler said:

1) No, not really

2) Yes, IMO

• Thanks 1

Update: I believe I'm done with PA purchases after I use my Sept 4EVER29 voucher.  With that voucher I will top out 129 plugins from them.

I did this for way less than 2 years of MEGA XL plan (to get to own what I wanted).

I have 11 of their plugins in the form of the UAD version.

There are 16 of their plugins that I've determined I'll never really want or need.

So, from here on out they'll have to really WOW me with something new to pay full price for. Not likely to happen IMO.

In my last check I counted 15 plugins I still don't have. And although some of them are sort of  "more of the same" I think I'll keep my F29 subscription until at least I got all of them.  By doing this I'll also be able to get any interesting new releases without having to wait for a price drop.

For instance, I'm sure someday PA will release new instruments based on the Wolfgang Palm synths they acquired.

If, at some point, I keep stacking $1 coupons I'll think about this again.

Edited by Sergio

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

I believe I'm done with PA purchases

I know I am. I got all I want. I maybe want some of the Lindell new plugins, some of the Ampeg amps for kicks, but not much more. And not really excited about any of those to be honest.

I just spent about 20-30 minutes looking at the current sale and my $25 voucher, and the only thing I saw that even made me think of a purchase was the unlocked Gig Performer. I can get it down to $75. But I still ain't biting. 

Maybe another day.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I just spent about 20-30 minutes looking at the current sale and my $25 voucher

I'm not sure what happened this time around; I don't seem to have an August voucher floating around my Inbox. Is the minimum buy for a $25 voucher still $75? If so, I probably deleted it.

It's gotten to the point with PA that I'm so confused about their promotions that I've just been waiting for them to settle down.

There are a couple I'd still like to get from them (Shadow Hills Mastering Class A, Black Box HG-2MS).

If anyone's looking for gems during the current sale, Unfiltered Audio BYOME and TRIAD are on deep discount.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm not sure what happened this time around; I don't seem to have an August voucher floating around my Inbox. Is the minimum buy for a $25 voucher still $75? If so, I probably deleted it.

It's gotten to the point with PA that I'm so confused about their promotions that I've just been waiting for them to settle down.

There are a couple I'd still like to get from them (Shadow Hills Mastering Class A, Black Box HG-2MS).

If anyone's looking for gems during the current sale, Unfiltered Audio BYOME and TRIAD are on deep discount.

Yes, the min on the 25 loyalty voucher was 75.  So best case you are spending $50 to use it.

Wasn't the Class A and HG-2MS both $15 pop recently?  By far an all time low.  

• Like 1

Just now, Brian Walton said:

Wasn't the Class A and HG-2MS both $15 pop recently?  By far an all time low.

Yeah, I passed on both of those deals; I hadn't fiddled with the standard versions enough to know whether I'd like them. Turns out I do, enough to drop $15 just to get the mid-side. Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor has the World's Sexiest Skeuomorphic GUI (TRIAD has the World's Sexiest non-skeuomorphic one).

It's not like there won't be more (and possibly better) deals on them in the future; I'm keeping an eye open on them.

3 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Yeah, I passed on both of those deals; I hadn't fiddled with the standard versions enough to know whether I'd like them. Turns out I do, enough to drop $15 just to get the mid-side. Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor has the World's Sexiest Skeuomorphic GUI (TRIAD has the World's Sexiest non-skeuomorphic one).

It's not like there won't be more (and possibly better) deals on them in the future; I'm keeping an eye open on them.

You can get mid-side from the original (or any stereo compressor/EQ/etc) by using the free Voxengo MSED plugin. Takes two seconds to add to it, one instance before SHMC and one after. Not quite as convenient as the Class A having it native and I do prefer the parameter linking in the Class A when using it in stereo mode, but I still use both at times. Class A is a no brainer at $15 for sure.

9 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Not quite as convenient as the Class A having it native and I do prefer the parameter linking

This.

We can get any compressor or EQ to do mid-side by using two instances, MSED, etc., but I prefer having it there in the plug-in.  Soundspot's Cyclone compressor is still a favorite bus compressor of mine due to its having the dual linked/unlinked sets of controls. Even though I have more chic options like elysia mastering compressor, I can dial in that thing faster than anything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

This.

We can get any compressor or EQ to do mid-side by using two instances, MSED, etc., but I prefer having it there in the plug-in.  Soundspot's Cyclone compressor is still a favorite bus compressor of mine due to its having the dual linked/unlinked sets of controls. Even though I have more chic options like elysia mastering compressor, I can dial in that thing faster than anything else.

Yeah those conveniences can count for a lot too. That's interesting about Cyclone.. I think I might even own it, but didn't install it, as it was only VST2. I think I got it with Union synth and a few other things for less than $5 in total! I really like Elysia Alpha so it sounds like it might be  worth a look.