$99 Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, $49 Mixcraft 9 Recording Studio, until Sept. 26

daveiv

9 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

I wonder if version 10 will drop soon. They've been working on it for a long time.

From Acoustica Greg:

Update: it being August already, it's starting to look like Mixcraft 10 won't be ready until next year (2023).

• Sad 1

I feel they scored enough capital from their Cherry Audio products to invest in Mixcraft to make it a serious contender in the DAW world. It's been growing steadily since the beginning, but 10 should be a great leap forward.

• Like 2

There is no such thing as a  proper way to preview Midi Files in Mixcraft . I hardly consider it a time saver to have no way of auditioning small drum loop midi's .

Kenny

PS I talked to them years ago about this limitation on the old SONAR forum Apparently they thought it was better to Gaslight me than add midi preview .  

I'm a Mixcraft fan from way back, like v5. It was my main DAW before CbB, but when I got a look at Cakewalk's Console vs. the one in Mixcraft, I was gone. When I mixed in Mixcraft, I did it using the Track/Timeline view because the mixer was so lame.

It has some very convenient features that I miss in Cakewalk, but it also lacks many that now seem essential to me, like collapsible lanes. If you have multiple takes on a track and want to reclaim the screen real estate, the only way to do it is to put the track in a folder and then close the folder.

I can get things done faster with Mixcraft's workflow, but Cakewalk's features are so much greater. The way that folders=submixes in Mixcraft is brilliant. Drag all your guitar tracks to a folder, boom, instant submix.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm a Mixcraft fan from way back, like v5. It was my main DAW before CbB, but when I got a look at Cakewalk's Console vs. the one in Mixcraft, I was gone. When I mixed in Mixcraft, I did it using the Track/Timeline view because the mixer was so lame.

It has some very convenient features that I miss in Cakewalk, but it also lacks many that now seem essential to me, like collapsible lanes. If you have multiple takes on a track and want to reclaim the screen real estate, the only way to do it is to put the track in a folder and then close the folder.

I can get things done faster with Mixcraft's workflow, but Cakewalk's features are so much greater. The way that folders=submixes in Mixcraft is brilliant. Drag all your guitar tracks to a folder, boom, instant submix.

Mixcraft ---stems---> Harrison Mixbus flow would work for you?

Mixbus has a phenomenal mixer.

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I like Cakewalk's mixer better than Mixbus'. There are some features about Mixcraft's track view and comping I like, but Cakewalk has an edge due to better handling of clip grouping.

Fair. ProChannel is admirable.

I just can't seem to get into the MIDI workflow and piano roll in Cakewalk.