Find new inspiration with our AD2 Flash Sale

Pragi

The AD drums 2 is still my goto drum emulation.

Even if there are other/newer virtulal drummer (SD 3 ,BFD drums aso ) available,

imo the Xln Ad 2 drummer is the best fitting tool for my workflow with a realistic drum sound.

6 hours ago, Pragi said:

The AD drums 2 is still my goto drum emulation.

Even if there are other/newer virtulal drummer (SD 3 ,BFD drums aso ) available,

imo the Xln Ad 2 drummer is the best fitting tool for my workflow with a realistic drum sound.

After using BFD3 for a few months I must say I'm tired of it. I just bought Perfect Drums and love the simplicity of it. 

I'm not a fan of the libraries I got for AD2, except the Latin percussion one. United Heavy doesn't really cut it for metal productions IMO. I like the sound of the Mallets library, I just haven't found a user for it! LOL 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monomox said:

After using BFD3 for a few months I must say I'm tired of it. I just bought Perfect Drums and love the simplicity of it. 

I'm not a fan of the libraries I got for AD2, except the Latin percussion one. United Heavy doesn't really cut it for metal productions IMO. I like the sound of the Mallets library, I just haven't found a user for it! LOL 

Can you say why or what  the BFD drums are making you tired ?

Til now I  heared continuously good feedback about it.

On 7/3/2019 at 3:28 PM, Pragi said:

Can you say why or what  the BFD drums are making you tired ?

Til now I  heared continuously good feedback about it.

It's 100% subjective.

BFD3 is (almost) everything all of us collectively would ask from a drum sampler--a lot of detail, GBs and GBs of samples (layers, drums, hits/articulations) and many tools. So, at least from the intellectual point of view is a monster. But, to me, its complexity can stand in the way of creativity. 

Here's an analogy. Loading Perfect Drums is like entering a studio with a drum set ready, loading BFD3 is like entering a huge drum store. I'm thinking about selling BFD3, but maybe (following my own analogy) I should create a few templates that load immediately. Hmmm. I don't know, man, it's definitely a monster. Reaper is my primary DAW, so I'm not a slouch when it comes to digging deep into complex programs, but somehow BFD3 has eluded me (the interface doesn't work for me either), but maybe I should give it another try.

1 hour ago, Monomox said:

It's 100% subjective.

BFD3 is (almost) everything all of us collectively would ask from a drum sampler--a lot of detail, GBs and GBs of samples (layers, drums, hits/articulations) and many tools. So, at least from the intellectual point of view is a monster. But, to me, its complexity can stand in the way of creativity. 

Here's an analogy. Loading Perfect Drums is like entering a studio with a drum set ready, loading BFD3 is like entering a huge drum store. I'm thinking about selling BFD3, but maybe (following my own analogy) I should create a few templates that load immediately. Hmmm. I don't know, man, it's definitely a monster. Reaper is my primary DAW, so I'm not a slouch when it comes to digging deep into complex programs, but somehow BFD3 has eluded me (the interface doesn't work for me either), but maybe I should give it another try.

Thanks for sharing your thouights on BFD 3.

I can understand your point of view: 

It takes a long time for me to "feel" at home woth the workflow specially of

a native drum emulation. The (old ) AD 2 fits my needs soundwise good, no

metal or heavier drumsounds needed.

I appreciate  your hind towards Perfect Drums,

will demo it if possible.

Again, thanks for your reply.

5 hours ago, Monomox said:

its complexity can stand in the way of creativity.  

That statement can be applied to far too many applications! I am hesitant to suggest certain things to people because a follow-on sentence could easily be "invest X hours into it and you might get useful results with it."

Have to step back when it is going to come across as "Get this, you'll never really use it." 🤪